970 EVO or EVO Plus

Omikse

I am looking at the 1TB 970 EVO ($139) and the EVO Plus ($149) on Newegg. I have looked at the specs of both and it seems that the only difference is the read write speed. Are there any other differences and is it worth a 10 dollars price difference? What do you guys think?

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

2 minutes ago, Omikse said:

I am looking at the 1TB 970 EVO ($139) and the EVO Plus ($149) on Newegg. I have looked at the specs of both and it seems that the only difference is the read write speed. Are there any other differences and is it worth a 10 dollars price difference? What do you guys think?

Not worth the extra cost unless you need it for workstation use, in which case the Pro would be even better.

3 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Not worth the extra cost unless you need it for workstation use, in which case the Pro would be even better.

The Pro is too much for my budget, as for the use, Only gaming.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

2 minutes ago, Omikse said:

The Pro is too much for my budget, as for the use, Only gaming.

The base EVO is fine then.

Pay 7% more to get 40% higher write performance? I'd pick the plus to be honest.

43 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

The base EVO is fine then.

30 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Pay 7% more to get 40% higher write performance? I'd pick the plus to be honest.

Now I am so confused. Do I get the EVO or pay the 10 bucks more and get the Plug. Maybe I should flip a coin. Heads The EVO, Tails the Plus.

FlipSimu.com came up tails so Plus it is. Thanks guys.