Motherboard PCB layers

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
8 hours ago, Kpp550 said:

yeah i saw them,
one last question
What do you think how many PCB layers does ASUS HERO (wifi) or Dark Hero have?

The Hero boards are 6 layer  8 layer PCB. (Has dedicated audio layers) You can find this information right on Asus's website. 

Here's some additional information for the fundamental understanding of PCB layers.

https://emcfastpass.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Stackup_Planning_AN2011_2.pdf

Hope this helps.

19 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes. I've personally done it several times. My very first recovery in this fashion was with an Asus M3A. (that's the entire part number)

The update went bad on me and the board didn't post at all. slapped in the disk, botted from it (yes the disk runs the board) and simply recovered the bios.

Updated it once more and was in business. Super easy. 

Not much anyone can do for that really. Asus designs it their way lol. 

Gigabyte dual bios is great! If you brick the bios in a flash, the board is to automatically post from the save your ass bios. It's not meant to be updated. You use it to recover the bricked bios and off you go. 

Again, it's gigabyte's design. This could be due to limitations on the PCB layer as we where discussing earlier. Space is a factor.

Well thank you. I have some experience. Maybe not as much as Bullzoid, or even Linus himself.... But I do enjoy coming in and giving logical opinions and answers to the best of my ability. If I'm wrong with something, I try to remember and accept it and thank for corrections. After all we are not here for a size contest.

To the left you see that pot? Did that during Xmas :) 

SO you can be assured I use hardware in all the ways it was and was not designed to be used. 

Yes, the LN2 jumper was in place. ;)

this was very very informative!!!