is it worth it upgrade my i7 6700 to a i5 10400 for gaming?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
1 hour ago, mrigmo said:

Why buy Intel? Just get an AMD  Ryzen 5600X and you’ll be doing better then anything Intel has on the market.

Clearly he is looking for a value option, not the best. A Ryzen 5 5600X is hardly a "value" CPU at $300. A more likely comparison would be a Ryzen 5 3600, but even those are going for $30 more than the i5 10400F on Amazon ($200). Also keep in mind that the Intel CPU will play a lot nicer with his DDR4-2133 than a Ryzen would, so that is another cost consideration.

12 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

Did a research from google and i found a  pcbuild website to calculate i7 6700 + rtx 2060 at 1080p bottleneck

Don't look at bottleneck calculators. They are completely useless and I have no idea why they exist whatsoever. For 1080p, you have a nice CPU/GPU combo. The 4c/8t might limit you in more open world games but only about as much as the 2060 would anyway.

Cheers.

Do as you like,I told my opinion,my 6700K is still a beast though at 4.5 GHz.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

1 hour ago, mrigmo said:

Why buy Intel? Just get an AMD  Ryzen 5600X and you’ll be doing better then anything Intel has on the market.

Clearly he is looking for a value option, not the best. A Ryzen 5 5600X is hardly a "value" CPU at $300. A more likely comparison would be a Ryzen 5 3600, but even those are going for $30 more than the i5 10400F on Amazon ($200). Also keep in mind that the Intel CPU will play a lot nicer with his DDR4-2133 than a Ryzen would, so that is another cost consideration.

12 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

Did a research from google and i found a  pcbuild website to calculate i7 6700 + rtx 2060 at 1080p bottleneck

Don't look at bottleneck calculators. They are completely useless and I have no idea why they exist whatsoever. For 1080p, you have a nice CPU/GPU combo. The 4c/8t might limit you in more open world games but only about as much as the 2060 would anyway.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Pooky said:

Cheers.

thanks bro excellent answer these are the answers that clear your mind not like others who only come to fight

also I managed to find a i5 10400 for only $170 its a high value price/performance in mi opinion

anyways Im gonna keep my i7 6700 sice still do the job quite well. 

Have a nice day

1 minute ago, happyleonardo14 said:

thanks bro excellent answer these are the answers that clear your mind not like others who only come to fight

If you are feeling an itch to upgrade, a 10400F would provide more stable frametimes (less stuttering) and boost performance a little in more CPU-heavy games, but I'm not sure it's worth a $270 upgrade. Perhaps if you sell your existing CPU and motherboard for a decent amount and close the net upgrade cost it would be more worth it. But again, it's completely up to you if the performance is satisfactory.

2 minutes ago, Pooky said:

If you are feeling an itch to upgrade, a 10400F would provide more stable frametimes (less stuttering) and boost performance a little in more CPU-heavy games, but I'm not sure it's worth a $270 upgrade. Perhaps if you sell your existing CPU and motherboard for a decent amount and close the net upgrade cost it would be more worth it. But again, it's completely up to you if the performance is satisfactory.

also I managed to find a i5 10400 for only $170 its a high value price/performance in mi opinion

anyways Im gonna keep my i7 6700 since still do the job quite well. 

Have a nice day