what should I look for in a gaming headset if I only play single player games?

should I opt-out for the big boys like the Astro A50? or is it overkill for single-player gaming?

what features should I look for?

I am a variety gamer, I really don't stick to a genre. for example, I'm playing the ghost of Tsushima, after that demons souls, after that the outer wilds, after that hollow knight, after that watchdogs legion, etc...

budget is around 200$, can pay more if its worth it

I'm gaming on a ps5 currently.

9 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

What is your budget?

budget is around 200$, can pay more if its worth it.

my bad forgot to mention it

2 minutes ago, NAMAJAFF said:

budget is around 200$, can pay more if its worth it.

my bad forgot to mention it

The A50s are great, but quite expensive. If you can justify paying that much, then they would be great. However if you have any doubts I would maybe look for cheaper alternatives.

I have heard the HyperX Cloud Alphas are good, about $100 iirc

Also, a bit more expensive, the Steelseries Arctis Pro are great, and come with an included DAC (however that would mainly be for PC)

And then there are the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 which will be better for PS4 and are wireless.

There are also the A40s which are $100 cheaper I believe, with still great sound.

It is up to you in the end, if you have the money to spend on the A50s and do not have any doubts, then go for that. If you are still not certain, I would have a look at those few headsets I put, and check out some more in-depth reviews on youtube for them and others.

Hope I helped! 

26 minutes ago, Avocheeseado said:

The A50s are great, but quite expensive. If you can justify paying that much, then they would be great. However if you have any doubts I would maybe look for cheaper alternatives.

I have heard the HyperX Cloud Alphas are good, about $100 iirc

Also, a bit more expensive, the Steelseries Arctis Pro are great, and come with an included DAC (however that would mainly be for PC)

And then there are the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 which will be better for PS4 and are wireless.

There are also the A40s which are $100 cheaper I believe, with still great sound.

It is up to you in the end, if you have the money to spend on the A50s and do not have any doubts, then go for that. If you are still not certain, I would have a look at those few headsets I put, and check out some more in-depth reviews on youtube for them and others.

Hope I helped! 

thank you very much!

ill probably save up for an Astro A50 or an A40. they have absolutely everything I need and pretty much everyone recommends them.

plus I already invest a lot of my time, attention and money to videogames so it'll probably the smarter investment.

300$ is a lot of money but they should last me for a looong time.

15 hours ago, NAMAJAFF said:

thank you very much!

ill probably save up for an Astro A50 or an A40. they have absolutely everything I need and pretty much everyone recommends them.

plus I already invest a lot of my time, attention and money to videogames so it'll probably the smarter investment.

300$ is a lot of money but they should last me for a looong time.

Sounds like a good idea. Enjoy them!

Well you don’t need a mic so if a wire is done by you I’d go for a solid set of open back wires headphones vs a gaming headset

I hope you paid for that bread.