Artifacts on RX570 8GB + Unable to install drivers

Hello!

I am new to building computers and working with hardware, and I am experiencing issues with my Gigabyte RX570 

Here is the hardware in my PC:

ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0

1TB Seagate ST1000DM010 HDD

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + WraithStealth

Gigabyte RX 570 GAMING 8G MI (rev.1.1)

Corsair TX-M Series 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified PSU

If there is anything I am missing I will reply with all the information needed as I am inexperienced.

The issue is that I can see artifacts on the screen before Windows has loaded (in the UEFI too), see image, and the problem began after I have played League of Legends while recording my game and playing a Full HD Video in the background. The BSOD appeared, similar to the one in image, after which the artifacts began to appear constantly. The first thing I did is download DDU and remove ALL drivers in Safe Mode. After restarting, I tried to install the drivers from the official gigabyte site, however the BSOD appeared again mid-install, and I could only run Windows without crashing in safe mode or with my GPU disabled from Device Manager, artifacts constantly present. I have tried everything regarding DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility, absolutely nothing helped. I then continued to install a clean version of Windows, removing all information stored on the computer (including personal files), which didn't solve my issue. 

I also must say that I have returned this card to scan.co.uk BEFORE (Yes, I had a similar issue twice, and twice, the card was working perfectly until a certain moment) where they have tested the GPU on their hardware (attached the screenshot of their email) where they didn't find any errors, and after I received it back, it ran smoothly until everything above happened. So, I am certain that I am being stupid and doing something wrong, or the problem lies elsewhere.

Completely giving up on the drivers and the amd utility, I found on some forums that I need to reflash my vbios to stock settings (since this is a "MI" card), and I found three F6 files (F60, F62, F63) that suited my card. I flashed ALL three with restarts in-between and nothing helped (I made a backup of the original). 

As my final try, I have found a Reddit tutorial on how to bios mod my GPU, and I tried to decrease the MHZ to default frequency (image) and tried to flash the vbios with those, to no success. 

While doing the above, I found a program called HWiNFO64 that allowed me to see the GPU sensors (image).

So, my two main problems are, there are artifacts on my screen, and my PC crashes before the drivers can be fully installed. Almost forgot to mention that my old GPU is working flawlessly (Nvidia GTX 750ti), but because scan have said they tested the RX 570, I refuse to believe that the card is faulty. 

I think this is quite the case for all the PC Sherlock's, and I hope this case will be solved, because this is really my last cry for help.

IMG_20201228_194742__01.jpg

IMG_20201228_194729__01.jpg

IMG_20201228_195852__01.jpg

IMG_20201228_200024__01.jpg

IMG_20201228_191208__01.jpg

IMG_20201228_192008__01.jpg

9kfRB_nI1h4__01.jpg

Sorry that I don't have any advice on this card, but I have a Radeon R9 270 that has almost these exact same issues no matter what I've done, so I don't think you're doing anything wrong. In my case there's something wrong with the GPU itself as it causes odd behavior on every computer I put it in. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

Sorry that I don't have any advice on this card, but I have a Radeon R9 270 that has almost these exact same issues no matter what I've done, so I don't think you're doing anything wrong. In my case there's something wrong with the GPU itself as it causes odd behavior on every computer I put it in. 

What things have you tried? I am looking for all ideas right now..
The problem for me is, according to SCAN, the GPU works fine in other systems. My next step is to test the GPU on my friends PC, but I won't be able to do that for a few days.

I hope it's not a hardware issue, but almost all tutorials and forums (even in international sources) says that the problem could be with memory chips or even in graphic chip itself. I have the same problem, but I can't find the solution aswell...

• 5 months later...