I get bad fps and 100% gpu usage and 30% CPU usage in warzone.

xd_jark

I used to get decent fps in warzone but lately ive been gettings bad fps, as in 80-100 fps. I checked to make sure that everything was plugged in correctly and all the way, which they are. I've updated bios and checked that my temps were not going above 80 or throttling. My friend has an i7 9700f and an RX 580 4gb with 16gb ram and an asrock motherboard which im not sure the model. And he gets better fps than my by like 10 when my gpu compared to his is way better. Ive also used a DDU and i reset cmos. PLZ HELP ME

CPU: i7 8700k

Graphics: Zotac 2060 S mini

Ram: Crucial 32gb 2666 ddr4 ram

Motherboard: MSI H370M Bazooka 

PSU: its a 600W psu labeled "high power" and thats pretty much it with voltage etc...

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

What resolution you running at? Also check your 'resolution scaling'.

My resolution in game is 1920x1080 and same with my monitor in display settings, I've already optimized Nvidia control panel

17 minutes ago, xd_jark said:

I used to get decent fps in warzone but lately ive been gettings bad fps, as in 80-100 fps. I checked to make sure that everything was plugged in correctly and all the way, which they are. I've updated bios and checked that my temps were not going above 80 or throttling. My friend has an i7 9700f and an RX 580 4gb with 16gb ram and an asrock motherboard which im not sure the model. And he gets better fps than my by like 10 when my gpu compared to his is way better. Ive also used a DDU and i reset cmos. PLZ HELP ME

CPU: i7 8700k

Graphics: Zotac 2060 S mini

Ram: Crucial 32gb 2666 ddr4 ram

Motherboard: MSI H370M Bazooka 

PSU: its a 600W psu labeled "high power" and thats pretty much it with voltage etc...

Well if your cpu hits 80 you will loose boost. It will not thermal throttle yet but the cpu won't clock as high as it could otherwise. You want to keep your cpu temperature below 75 if you can. As for the GPU, the RTX card's boost also depends on thermal headroom, so less temperature means more and especially longer boost. That fact you have a no name power supply is worrisome as well. That being said, if performance suddenly degraded, it may be the game or something you have changed in the os like installed a new program that has services running in the background for example. 

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

Well if your cpu hits 80 you will loose boost. It will not thermal throttle yet but the cpu won't clock as high as it could otherwise. You want to keep your cpu temperature below 75 if you can. As for the GPU, the RTX card's boost also depends on thermal headroom, so less temperature means more and especially longer boost. That fact you have a no name power supply is worrisome as well. That being said, if performance suddenly degraded, it may be the game or something you have changed in the os like installed a new program that has services running in the background for example. 

My cpu never goes above 65 and gpu never goes above 80. I dont think any programs are running in the background but i have not tried a clean boot, could you tell me how?

18 minutes ago, xd_jark said:

My resolution in game is 1920x1080 and same with my monitor in display settings, I've already optimized Nvidia control panel

might be worth turning render resolution down a little might look trash though. Your friend may just have different settings set up auto.

Turn off settings like Ambient Occlusion that affect gpu heavily.

And what resolution does ur friend run and on what settings... Most of the things u've done were useless in a way that would make even more trouble for you, since you clearly dont know what would cause that... Check settings or downgarde somes, if that isnt the problem then there could be an update either game / driver / or OS that makes an impact

7 minutes ago, Klemen said:

And what resolution does ur friend run and on what settings... Most of the things u've done were useless in a way that would make even more trouble for you, since you clearly dont know what would cause that... Check settings or downgarde somes, if that isnt the problem then there could be an update either game / driver / or OS that makes an impact

Ive already downgraded the settings completely in the game yet i still get bad fps. I have all of the latest drivers and updates for windows and nvidia games etc... I have a new motherboard and ram that comes in tomorrow, I'm aware the ram wont do much and same with the motherboard because its worth it to upgrade them both.

12 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

might be worth turning render resolution down a little might look trash though. Your friend may just have different settings set up auto.

Turn off settings like Ambient Occlusion that affect gpu heavily.

My friend has the same settings as me or even set higher than mine in warzone. And ive already optimized the in-game settings.

6 minutes ago, xd_jark said:

Ive already downgraded the settings completely in the game yet i still get bad fps. I have all of the latest drivers and updates for windows and nvidia games etc... I have a new motherboard and ram that comes in tomorrow, I'm aware the ram wont do much and same with the motherboard because its worth it to upgrade them both.

maybe corrupted os files? 

Just now, Klemen said:

maybe corrupted os files? 

What should i do in that case.

36 minutes ago, xd_jark said:

My friend has the same settings as me or even set higher than mine in warzone. And ive already optimized the in-game settings.

Define optimized

If you had optimized then you'd be getting the fps u wanna be getting.

Run a benchmark such has haven and have your friend do it. Post back with results. Ensure you both run same benchmark on same settings.

54 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Define optimized

If you had optimized then you'd be getting the fps u wanna be getting.

Run a benchmark such has haven and have your friend do it. Post back with results. Ensure you both run same benchmark on same settings.

We both did benchmarks and i got better performance by 20% in gaming, i used userbenchmark.com benchmark tool. Here are my results https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37579186. This is my friends https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37579207

1 hour ago, xd_jark said:

We both did benchmarks and i got better performance by 20% in gaming, i used userbenchmark.com benchmark tool. Here are my results https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37579186. This is my friends https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37579207

I now am trying gta V and i get 30% usage for cpu and gpu usage

9 hours ago, xd_jark said:

Well your pc is doing fine so here’s the ‘problem’:

you both have different settings in warzone , hence are getting different fps. Either that or warzone is corrupt so try reinstalling it.

the reason you have such low cpu is because your gpu bottlenecked (not really an issue don’t start worrying about this now). If u want more fps decrease render resolution as that greatly reduces gpu load. Also ensure settings I said earlier like AO and ray tracing obviously are off etc.

there is no problem here. And 90-100 fps is in no way low you can easily get that to your monitors refresh rate by tweaking a few settings.

take care

On 12/28/2020 at 2:58 AM, The Torrent said:

Well your pc is doing fine so here’s the ‘problem’:

you both have different settings in warzone , hence are getting different fps. Either that or warzone is corrupt so try reinstalling it.

the reason you have such low cpu is because your gpu bottlenecked (not really an issue don’t start worrying about this now). If u want more fps decrease render resolution as that greatly reduces gpu load. Also ensure settings I said earlier like AO and ray tracing obviously are off etc.

there is no problem here. And 90-100 fps is in no way low you can easily get that to your monitors refresh rate by tweaking a few settings.

take care

Well im only getting 30% usage on my gpu and cpu for gtaV so its not just Warzone, me and my friends both run at the same settings, ive already said this, ive reset my whole pc and the problem still persists. Its a hardware issue for sure because ive used a ddu aswell.

13 hours ago, xd_jark said:

Well im only getting 30% usage on my gpu and cpu for gtaV so its not just Warzone, me and my friends both run at the same settings, ive already said this, ive reset my whole pc and the problem still persists. Its a hardware issue for sure because ive used a ddu aswell.

Your only getting 30 percent on gpu AND cpu? So cpu is 30 percent gpu is 30 percent?

Whats your fps like? You dont have vsync/fps limited on do you?

And no, it can't be a hardware issue because you ltierally did a benchmark and its results where fine.