Alpenföhn Black Ridge temps 3700x

Gich165

Hello all! As the title says I’m curious if anyone has seen or has tested the Alpenföhn Black Ridge with the 3700x. I’m in the process of building in the Velka 5 and am curious if the Black Ridge will be adequate to cool the 3700x. I will be swapping the 92mm out for a slim 120 Noctua to help. Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Gich165 said:

Hello all! As the title says I’m curious if anyone has seen or has tested the Alpenföhn Black Ridge with the 3700x. I’m in the process of building in the Velka 5 and am curious if the Black Ridge will be adequate to cool the 3700x. I will be swapping the 92mm out for a slim 120 Noctua to help. Thanks!

Probably a good idea, swapping out the fan. I have newer tried it by I have seen people use the low profile Noctua cooler as well and that is smaller so I guess it would work. The question is, how do you fit a gpu in that case. Maybe consider using a ZEN 2 APU Ryzen 4000 series instead.

28 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Probably a good idea, swapping out the fan. I have newer tried it by I have seen people use the low profile Noctua cooler as well and that is smaller so I guess it would work. The question is, how do you fit a gpu in that case. Maybe consider using a ZEN 2 APU Ryzen 4000 series instead.

It’s for an HTPC project, I’m putting An RX 5700 ITX card in there. Ya know the small PowerColor ones? Yeah :)

2 hours ago, Gich165 said:

It’s for an HTPC project, I’m putting An RX 5700 ITX card in there. Ya know the small PowerColor ones? Yeah :)

Got it, send pictures when you are done.