2 Monitors or 1 Big one?

Zeorth

So I'm in the process of upgrading my old monitors. I currently have 2 1080p monitors, 1 for gaming and 1 for support. Would it be better to get one big curved screen and split it into 2 or get 2 seperate screens? What would be the pros and cons of both and can you split a big screen so that it can game on one half and have support apps on the other half?

If you like your 2 screens now, and they give enough features that can be good enough.

It can be better or 3 of them for simulators/racing.

Don't really need a big screen, although it can be nice, not all apps will support it and might be easier to fullscreen to a certain screen/size on 2 screens.

Even though the edges might not be the best, while it can be minimized, from bezels or attachments that YT'ers did a video about.

There are some options for windows 10, with the use of software.

and some feel that very big curved displays can become a bit too big, maybe with time.

a curved wide screen would be a nice to have, but for your money and maybe better setting things up.

Having 2 screens might be better, until there are more options unless you want a wide screen instead of ultrawide.

Also unlike 2 screens if they are 2 good screens, wider screens might have some issues with uniformed colors where either edges can be hurt a little for the best visuals. Although it can be less noticable, but it's there. For gaming they can be good though, really depends on what you want.

50 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

If you like your 2 screens now, and they give enough features that can be good enough.

It can be better or 3 of them for simulators/racing.

Don't really need a big screen, although it can be nice, not all apps will support it and might be easier to fullscreen to a certain screen/size on 2 screens.

Even though the edges might not be the best, while it can be minimized, from bezels or attachments that YT'ers did a video about.

There are some options for windows 10, with the use of software.

and some feel that very big curved displays can become a bit too big, maybe with time.

a curved wide screen would be a nice to have, but for your money and maybe better setting things up.

Having 2 screens might be better, until there are more options unless you want a wide screen instead of ultrawide.

Also unlike 2 screens if they are 2 good screens, wider screens might have some issues with uniformed colors where either edges can be hurt a little for the best visuals. Although it can be less noticable, but it's there. For gaming they can be good though, really depends on what you want.

Cheers. I want to have one screen for gaming and a second one for support apps. So based of your comment I believe im better off getting 2 of the same screen instead of 1 big. Thanks!

Nice if it helped, while curved screens are not bad.

When it comes to very big and long curved screens, it's not "perfect" yet, while costing maybe more than having 3 good screens.