New build 2021 - £1,200 budget

Budget (including currency): ~£1,300 (can increase slightly)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, Video Editing, Flight simulators (and streaming it), Collage work. 

Other details: My RTX3060Ti is on its way. I want to keep the number of RGB software to a minimum. WiFi isn’t required as I use Ethernet and can salvage a PCIe to WiFi (WiFi 5) out of my current system which I built myself. Transport Fever 2 and Prepar3D v4 generally use up all my RAM. 

Hi!

I’m wondering if anyone can suggest better parts or things to consider with my new PC:

I’m currently looking at:

-AMD Ryzen 5 5600 or 7 5800

-Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 32GB 3600MHz CL18 (4x 8GB)

-Gigabyte Gaming Pro OC RTX3060Ti (Paid and in delivery) Edit: Recived a short while ago and in my curret system!

-ASUS TUF B550 mATX

-Corsair MP600 Nvme PCIe 4x4 500GB (Boot drive) 

-Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB, 256MB cache (I will consider others as my current system, one of these failed on me within 1.5 years of use)

-Corsair 4000X iCUE case (Black)

-Corsair SP120 3 pack

-Corsair RM750 750W PSU (Semi-Modular)

-Windows 10 Pro (3rd party vendor)

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

Edit:

I have decided to downgrade some of the items thanks to peeps in this thread!
-ASUS ROG Strix B450-F ATX motherboard (I dont think i need PCIe 4.0)
-Corsair MP510 480GB NVMe PCIe 3x4 (Boot drive)

-Corsair RM650x 80+ Gold 650W PSU (Modular) - Reccomended Wattage for RTX3060Tis is 650W anyway

If you go with a Ryzen 5 5600x (or if you're talking about the 5600 that will more than likely be released sometime soon) then you will get an included cooler, but if you go with the 5800x, then you'll need to buy an aftermarket cooler. In your case, I would go with the 5800x because of the video editing, which means you'll need a cooler. If you want nice aesthetics, perhaps a 240mm Corsair AIO would be a fitting option.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

4 minutes ago, tishous said:

If you go with a Ryzen 5 5600x (or if you're talking about the 5600 that will more than likely be released sometime soon) then you will get an included cooler, but if you go with the 5800x, then you'll need to buy an aftermarket cooler. In your case, I would go with the 5800x because of the video editing, which means you'll need a cooler. If you want nice aesthetics, perhaps a 240mm Corsair AIO would be a fitting option.

Ah cheers! I am defo considering an AIO

i think what I may end up Doing is going with the 5800 non-x that’ll be Comming soon and then getting the AIO at a later date. Those new white ones by Corsair  look pretty good (going for a white build lol)

1 minute ago, TrainNutter said:

Ah cheers! I am defo considering an AIO

i think what I may end up Doing is going with the 5800 non-x and then getting the AIO at a later date. Those new white ones look pretty good (going for a white build lol)

I'm not sure AMD will release a 5800, since they didn't release a Ryzen 7 3800, so you might be waiting a while lol. In the mean time you would have to get a temporary cooler. As long as you don't overclock, you could go with a very budget option like a Hyper 212 Evo or something like that.

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

7 hours ago, tishous said:

I'm not sure AMD will release a 5800, since they didn't release a Ryzen 7 3800, so you might be waiting a while lol. In the mean time you would have to get a temporary cooler. As long as you don't overclock, you could go with a very budget option like a Hyper 212 Evo or something like that.

Yeah I could indeed. Curtainly not out of the question

i defo wanna try overclocking the CPU

7 hours ago, TrainNutter said:

Yeah I could indeed. Curtainly not out of the question

i defo wanna try overclocking the CPU

The thing is, if you are mainly gaming, overclocking a 4th gen Ryzen CPU usually isn't worth it because you get better performance letting the chip boost to what it can (about 4.8ghz) in lightly threaded workloads such as gaming.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 4:55 PM, tishous said:

The thing is, if you are mainly gaming, overclocking a 4th gen Ryzen CPU usually isn't worth it because you get better performance letting the chip boost to what it can (about 4.8ghz) in lightly threaded workloads such as gaming.

true true. I will be mainly gaming yes but occasional light-vidoe editing

On 1/4/2021 at 4:10 PM, TrainNutter said:

true true. I will be mainly gaming yes but occasional light-vidoe editing

Yeah, you'll be fine leaving it at stock then. It's not like you can gain that much in terms of productivity performance by overclocking it anyway.

For light video editing the 5600 will be great. If you want to play around with overclocking, then consider getting an aftermarket cooler.

Here are a few options if you decide to do that. 

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition

be quiet! Dark Rock 4

For the motherboard, seeing as you are going with an ATX case, consider getting an ATX mobo like an MSI B550-A PRO 

Also, congrats on getting a 3060ti with stock being as it is!

On 1/5/2021 at 6:34 PM, tishous said:

Yeah, you'll be fine leaving it at stock then. It's not like you can gain that much in terms of productivity performance by overclocking it anyway.

exactly!

On 1/5/2021 at 6:53 PM, Avocheeseado said:

For light video editing the 5600 will be great. If you want to play around with overclocking, then consider getting an aftermarket cooler.

Here are a few options if you decide to do that. 

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition

be quiet! Dark Rock 4

For the motherboard, seeing as you are going with an ATX case, consider getting an ATX mobo like an MSI B550-A PRO 

Also, congrats on getting a 3060ti with stock being as it is!

Yeah i might get one yeah

ATX B550 motherboards are alot lol

Thank you! Yeah CCLOnline.com reserves items in your cart for 15 minutes - managed to get one in my cart and boom i got one!

(see Edit)