1070-TI SLI or wait for GPU availability

GerbilPlays

Budget (including currency): £600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Watch Dogs 1 & 2, GTA V, Witcher 3, CS:GO, Rocket league, Adobe Premiere and streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

1440P 144HZ I have all peripherals and a current system:

I currently have a 1070 ti and i5 8600 in a h310m-a MBD in an Inwin 703 B/R, 2x8gb 2400mhz DDR4, 480gb Kingston UV500, 1TB Seagate FireCuda, 2TB Toshiba HDD, ID-COOLING FrostFlow 120 and Corsair TX550M.

I am wondering if running a 1070ti in SLI will mean I won't have to do a full upgrade for longer, I would have to buy a new MBD and PSU but I could double my Ram and have more m.2 and pci-e expansion. Seeing as I can't get a new graphics card at the moment I am thinking of maximising the potential of my current PC with these upgrades: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/m9mbRT

I am soon doing a playthrough of both Watch Dogs games and play GTA V and Witcher 3 occasionally, all of which go over 60FPS or improve significantly with SLI, I don't know if I should wait for graphics card availability and buy a new system or go ahead with this upgrade. Thanks in Advance!

I would wait, unless your video editing/streaming software is able to take advantage of the second GPU with significant gains in performance.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Most games don't really benefit from SLI, and the ones that do typically only benefit in average framerates, with the frame pacing being the same or worse. Also, the price of all the gear you'd need to get SLI running is considerably more than the price of just getting a new GPU when you can find one, especially when you consider that you could probably flip the 1070Ti on the used market for a decent amount.