Anandtech forums on trial: The corruption runs deep.

I don't think I bothered to read the fourth page, so no that wasn't a response to you. The fact I mentioned free speech should've been a giveaway.

It was more a response to the 14 year olds playing journalist.

Just for the sheer hilariousness of it I should delete everyone's post in this thread and replace them with "censored".

In all seriousness i feel like there are a couple things in here I should address.

#1 is industry affiliates. We do allow industry members to post here but we require them to publicly state their company affiliation and they do NOT get any special treatment except that when they screw up they get a warning email from me instead of one from Windspeed... If anything we are much tougher on them.

#2 is member censorship. I don't believe in personal attacks but beyond that we are pretty loose here and I feel like our moderation team is incredibly fair, which leads to point

#3 solid moderation is not luck. It's pure skill and hard work. Luke works really hard and very closely with our mod team to deliver the forum experience we enjoy here. It's not perfect but we do our best and we like to think our admits and our mods do a great job of staying accountable to you guys when we screw up.

And #4 I saw someone mention us maybe being paid to do reviews in the future. Won't happen as long as I work here and the sites called Linus Tech Tips so I think we'd have a hard time getting rid of me. These days we have enough revenue sources (partly from community members who contribute here) that if even a major sponsor got mad and pulled our funding we'd survive just fine. I don't live in fear of what my sponsors think of my content and I'll happily call a Corsair keyboard "corporate" and an Intel CPU disappointing because as much as I owe my success to my sponsors, they wouldn't give two cares about me if it wasn't for my viewers so my first priority will always be my viewers. Relationships with sponsors come and go but if I broke the community's trust it would be very difficult for me to regain it, which would be a devastating loss for me.

snip

Good point about the sponsors, if it wasn't for the money you were raking in for you I doubt they'd even lose a minute of sleep you were out of the picture and they still had your viewers. 

Also, delete the posts xD

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

LTT is a very young forum, so let's hope it remains awesome and unbiased as it expands in the future.

Personally I think the way some people act towards the GPU and CPU brands is kind of like the religious wars between some countries.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

You guys realize that the OP "GPUXpert" is probably SiliconWars, right?

Not that anyone appears to care, but he is very upset that he was banned from Anandtech. 

Created the blog he plastered all over the OP. It is all a really big hissy fit. Anandtech is overrun with AMD advocate and viral influencers. SiliconWars

seems to want the public to believe the exact opposite. He made Anandtech his main 

target of choice but there are a lot of smart members at AT that simply did not buy into SiliconWars BS, and finally SiliconWars sunk himself in a meltdown implosion.

So, by posting this thread here, it is his attempt to "rally the troops" to fight his cause, which is a lost one. I wonder how many other sites he will pollute with this lie.

Anyway, I just had to register to let you guys know. Yes, I'm aware that you may not care, but you should know anyway.

Peace.

Anandtech is a great forum, it is just the video card forum that is poison. There is some of it in CPU, but mostly your standard fare of brand allegiances. 

The video card area of the forum is poisoned with Nvidia and AMD viral marketers and undeclared employees. Both companies have shills there and it is made worse by some of the truly insane fanboys of both brands that go to war there. It is just those shills and the insane fanboys ruining it for everyone in that subforum.

Some of the fanboys in the video forum are truly mentally disturbed. They've been posting there for 10 years in some cases spewing their insane brand obsessions. They ought to ban those few nuts, would go a long way to fixing the mess there. 

You guys realize that the OP "GPUXpert" is probably SiliconWars, right?

Not that anyone appears to care, but he is very upset that he was banned from Anandtech. 

Created the blog he plastered all over the OP. It is all a really big hissy fit. Anandtech is overrun with AMD advocate and viral influencers. SiliconWars

seems to want the public to believe the exact opposite. He made Anandtech his main 

target of choice but there are a lot of smart members at AT that simply did not buy into SiliconWars BS, and finally SiliconWars sunk himself in a meltdown implosion.

So, by posting this thread here, it is his attempt to "rally the troops" to fight his cause, which is a lost one. I wonder how many other sites he will pollute with this lie.

Anyway, I just had to register to let you guys know. Yes, I'm aware that you may not care, but you should know anyway.

Peace.

I am not the OP and I'm pretty sure the admins can confirm that.

As for being upset at getting banned from AT - are you serious?  The whole thing was designed around me showing how I got banned for the stuff that other's got away with.  If i hadn't been banned then there wouldn't have been any story?  That's kinda the point of most of the article...Didn't you notice the image I put up on imgur, showing what I was going to do and telling you how long I'd get banned for?  It was all a setup designed to show how biased the moderation was.

Far from being upset, when I saw that PM popup from ViRGE minutes after posting my final post, I celebrated like I'd just won the lottery.  Well not quite, but I was reasonably happy.  If you think I'm butt-hurt over this you couldn't have understood the article much at all...

You're using a proxy. I wonder if the admins can confirm that.

And I'm sorry man, but everything you do absolutely screams butthurt. Screams it.