What ultrawide monitor should I get with a +-$500 budget?

Puma911

So I got a great job this year and for the first time I can sink some dough into a really good monitor. I'll be using it for gaming and I really want to experience Ultrawide greater than 32", 1440p, freesync, and a refresh rate of over 100hz. 

With those features, is $500 too little? Will I end up with a crappy panel if I don't spend more to tick all of those boxes? 

What do you suggest?

I watched Linus' monitor buying guide from last year and the Ultrawide he recommended in that video is about 1k. Do I need to spend that much to get Ultrawide 1440 freesync high refresh rate?

Edit- if I'm willing to go to 2560x1080 woul I be better off?

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

you would likely get a very expensive monitor for such features.

Also if you are able to run it at all, with more issues with support for ultrawide.

There are some programs that is nice for windows 10, unlike linux where you can do a lot of stuff.

Programs that can snap and resize programs, but not fully able to deal with fullscreen ones. (forgot the name of them)

You would likely not run it above 100hz, unless you have a really really good GPU setup and whatever else.

Would be a different story if went a bit lower in either of these features you mentioned.

1 hour ago, Quackers101 said:

you would likely get a very expensive monitor for such features.

Also if you are able to run it at all, with more issues with support for ultrawide.

There are some programs that is nice for windows 10, unlike linux where you can do a lot of stuff.

Programs that can snap and resize programs, but not fully able to deal with fullscreen ones. (forgot the name of them)

You would likely not run it above 100hz, unless you have a really really good GPU setup and whatever else.

Would be a different story if went a bit lower in either of these features you mentioned.

Have any recommendations if I went down to 2560x1080?

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

not quite, but if you find a shop that have such on display, you could try some there.

But they might not have what you are looking for.

19 hours ago, Puma911 said:

So I got a great job this year and for the first time I can sink some dough into a really good monitor. I'll be using it for gaming and I really want to experience Ultrawide greater than 32", 1440p, freesync, and a refresh rate of over 100hz. 

With those features, is $500 too little? Will I end up with a crappy panel if I don't spend more to tick all of those boxes? 

What do you suggest?

I watched Linus' monitor buying guide from last year and the Ultrawide he recommended in that video is about 1k. Do I need to spend that much to get Ultrawide 1440 freesync high refresh rate?

Edit- if I'm willing to go to 2560x1080 woul I be better off?

I've read good things about this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XZ342CK-Pbmiiphx-Certified-DisplayHDR400/dp/B08BW3XS12/ref=sr_1_1?crid=IEAK91HDL9DF&dchild=1&keywords=acer+nitro+ultrawide+monitor&qid=1608784666&sprefix=acer+nitro+ult%2Caps%2C240&sr=8-1