My 7700k hits 100C (TJ Max) under 100% load - Should I just get an NH-D15?

VG Docs

Right now I've got a Cryorig of some sort, I think it was an H5. It was ~$35 when I got it a few years ago but it's not cooling very well at 4.5GHz (1.315v or 1.328v as reported by HWInfo and CPU-Z respectively). I can't afford a CPU upgrade since that'd require more than just a new CPU but I can get the $90 NH-D15. Should I upgrade to it? Will I see enough of an improvement to not hit TJ Max under load?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

4 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

delid, i guarantee your paste under there is crustier than a neckbeard in a fedora shop

I'm not particularly comfortable with that, I've never done it before and from my understanding it can mess up the CPU if you're not careful.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I too vote for delidding. As long as you dont involve razor method, chances of killing your cpu is very low.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

That sounds incredibly hot for 4.5Ghz.  Can you check if the heatsink mount screws are tightened up?  It may not be making good contact.

10 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

Unless OP has remounted recently this is unlikely to be the case. That era of CPU’s intel was using a thermal paste under the IHS that was notorious for drying out and this seems to be exactly that. Had the same happen on my 8700k where temperature creep happened to the point I was at 95c on a 240mm AIO

I wasn't aware of that Issue, I've had a 7700k since launch.  That's pretty awful if it doesn't even last 3-4 years.