Is my video card good enough for 144mhz ?

Poka

Hey guys  wish everyone is having a wonderful day , was wondering if my Rx570 (4GB) will able to run this 165 mhz monitor , i am about to get one on a good holiday deal.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/TUF-Gaming-VG27BQ/

i'm not looking onto fully utilizing it , i am currently playing a shooting game and wanted to top it up a notch when it comes to my shooting game , wondering if i can run 60 fps and the full 144mhz on this monitor on my video card.

Monitor says it supports adaptive-sync so it should give a good experience even if you don't hit 144 Hz, which will depend a lot on the game itself, the settings, and also the CPU.

BTW it is just Hz. "mhz" doesn't exist. "mHz" would really suck, and "MHz" would be insane.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

HI @porina , wondering what adaptive-sync does and will it feel as if close to 144Hz , yea sorry haha i meant Hz 

I am currently playing "Valorant"

6 minutes ago, Poka said:

Hey guys  wish everyone is having a wonderful day , was wondering if my Rx570 (4GB) will able to run this 165 mhz monitor , i am about to get one on a good holiday deal.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/TUF-Gaming-VG27BQ/

i'm not looking onto fully utilizing it , i am currently playing a shooting game and wanted to top it up a notch when it comes to my shooting game , wondering if i can run 60 fps and the full 144mhz on this monitor on my video card.

it depends on what games you play but for most games no you will not be able to get the full 144 fps espeshily not at 1440p

benchmarks: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-05-01-amd-radeon-rx-570-benchmarks-7001

on most last gen games you wont be able to even raech 60 fps never mind 144

if you are playing CS-GO then you should be geting around 144 which would make the monater a worth wile buy

https://www.fpsbenchmark.com/csgo/rx-570

so in summary: no if you play any think other than e-sports titles (CS-GO, Rainbow six) but if you play e-sport titles on medium setting it should be worth your buy

Please excuse my spelling

Hi @DarthEoin i am currently playing a much lower type of shooting game which is "Valoran" will i at least be able to run 1080 and 144Hz nvm the Fps as long as i hit 60 fps it should be good enough for me playing the game

1 minute ago, Poka said:

Hi @DarthEoin i am currently playing a much lower type of shooting game which is "Valoran" will i at least be able to run 1080 and 144Hz nvm the Fps as long as i hit 60 fps it should be good enough for me playing the game

with valorant you should be able to get the 144 easy

( FPS is how many frames your gaming computer is producing or drawing, while the refresh rate is how many times the monitor is refreshing the image on the screen. The refresh rate (Hz) of your monitor does not affect the frame rate (FPS) your GPU will be outputting. )

@DarthEoin That sounds reasurring currently only running medium settings on "Valorant" , will be wonderfull to get this 144 Hz going , what would be an ideal FPS for shooting game ? minimum is good enough.

Just now, Poka said:

@DarthEoin That sounds reasurring currently only running medium settings on "Valorant" , will be wonderfull to get this 144 Hz going , what would be an ideal FPS for shooting game ? minimum is good enough.

you would idealy want to run at your moniters refresh rate, so for this monater you would whant to run at 144 fps as this allows you to take full advantage of the moneter

9 minutes ago, Poka said:

HI @porina , wondering what adaptive-sync does and will it feel as if close to 144Hz , yea sorry haha i meant Hz 

I am currently playing "Valorant"

I don't know that game myself. Adaptive sync (such as FreeSync or G-sync) gives a better gaming experience when you can't run at the maximum 144Hz of the display, as it still allows the display to be updated as soon as possible without waiting for the right time. Personally I think it is a great feature, I'd even call it essential for my personal tastes.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

@DarthEoin Fingers crossed hopefully it does 144fps , currently have 180-220 fps on my current monitor and it's a 75Hz not too sure if it will do the same with this new monitor but with all this positive feedbacks i might just buy the monitor today ^^.

@porina Glad to know that this Freesync will do me good even with bad outcomes will definitely get me one of this monitors today.

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You should list your full system specs for those here to give you an estimate of the performance of your rig, most important are:

CPU, Amt of RAM, GPU

I don't play Valorant myself, but if it uses Unreal 4 engine, from Fortnite to Street Fighter V to Gears of War 5, so it's kind of hard to estimate how the RX 570 4GB would do. I have a Freesync 2 monitor (144Hz), and when framerate dips below 50fps in Metro Exodus (with RT enabled at 3840x1080), it'd still feel pretty smooth...without RT, I'd have no problem with framerate.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2