1080ti sparked when turning computer on

Hey guys, so today when I turned on my computer, the system turned on, my ram lit up fans turned on etc, but no display, was working earlier that day so confused I press the power button on the case to reset and I seen sparks fly from the case. I quickly unplugged everything, after investigating I found the damage as you can see in the picture. So I guess what my question is, is there anything that can be done for the card and what might have caused this to happen, just a bad card or could there be a problem with my system?. I'm picking up a 3070 tomorrow hopefully and don't want there to be a problem when I try to put it into my system. 

A little info on the system,

b550 aorus master motherboard

Ryzen 9 3900x

Aorus gtx 1080ti 

Hx1000i platinum power supply

I've had the system for over 2 years with no problems and recently upgraded the motherboard and cpu, about 4 months ago with what's listed above, haven't had any troubles before this. 

I powered on the system without the graphics card to make sure it's still working, everything seemed fine, no error codes in the read out on the board but won't know till I get a replacement card 

Cheers in advance 

IMG_20201219_190907.jpg