To preface my earlier post about me trying to find my Windows partition after installing Xubuntu, thank you for your help, everyone. Turns out I just didn't pay attention and accidentally wiped my Windows partition and installed Xubuntu on it. I'll fix it when I find a copy of Windows 8.1. 

I was using Xubuntu for awhile, as I had seen it here on the fourms before, but I just liked the vanilla Canotical Ubuntu better. I installed Ubuntu 13.10 and have it up and running. So far it seems really nice. A couple of concerns if I may:

1. I have a problem with playing fullscreen YouTube videos. I ave two displays - my laptop's screen and a TV hooked up to it (above the laptop) and whenever I try to watch a video it will be very narrow and not fit the window at all. I have no idea how to fix it.

2. When trying to get everything acustomed to my daily needs, I found installing graphics drivers and Steam to be very troublesome. I still don't even know how and if I have Nvidia drivers installed, and Steam returns this error after installing it from the Software Center: "Missing libgl.so.1", or something to that degree.

Any ideas on how to fix these problems? Thanks.

i may know how to fix the fullscreen problem i would go to settings->displays and set your tv to your primary display and see if that works and then if it does not try it vice versa and then if it that does not work, sorry i do not know to much about it, i am a relatively new ubuntu user

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

My experience with Ubuntu is "stuff doesn't always work very well". Most of the time it's no big deal, but I find it can be a bit querky on my file servers. One of them gives me a "system error detected" window every once in a while, and occasionally makes files or folders that can't be deleted. Until they can be, at some later time for no reason. Another one of them refuses to mount any drive but the boot drive automatically on boot, so I have to go in and manually mount all the other drives if it gets rebooted.

Installing most software in Ubuntu is a pain; unless you can use sudo apt-get install then it will probably break something. Or if it doesn't, Ubuntu will think it has and give u "system error detected" messages for no apparent reason lol

1. Post a screenshot of your youtube problem.

2. https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=wheezy&arch=any&mode=filename&searchon=contents&keywords=libGL.so.1

Check which package you need and install it.

I can't take a screenshot of the issue, when I do the video exists fullscreen, and then it takes the screenshot.

For whatever reason I uninstalled and reinstalled Steam. Works great now. The hell?

What can I do to get nvidia graphics drivers? My laptop uses a GT 630M.

I can't take a screenshot of the issue, when I do the video exists fullscreen, and then it takes the screenshot.

Use a camera or your phone? <3

Use a camera or your phone? <3

Photo%20Mar%2016%2C%206%2056%2001%20PM.j

Here's the best I could do. Paused that video perfectly, too!

Photo%20Mar%2016%2C%206%2056%2001%20PM.j

Here's the best I could do. Paused that video perfectly, too!

Can't see the picture! D:

@DontUSASme

Ah I see!  Well I did a bit of research, and it appears to have been a problem for awhile for dual monitor setups.  Is it by any chance that you are using Chrome?  If so try a different browser.

@DontUSASme

Ah I see!  Well I did a bit of research, and it appears to have been a problem for awhile for dual monitor setups.  Is it by any chance that you are using Chrome?  If so try a different browser.

I try to stay away from Chrome in Ubuntu because it doesn't play nice at all with my extensions. It ha the same problem as before with the video playback on fullscreen.

I don't quite know then.  I am not much a Linux person, so maybe someone else could help you!?

Good luck

I don't quite know then.  I am not much a Linux person, so maybe someone else could help you!?

Good luck

Thank you! I have the Steam thing working and for whatever reason I switched to the player and it sorted it out on most videos. Still dont know how to install Nvidia drivers.

To preface my earlier post about me trying to find my Windows partition after installing Xubuntu, thank you for your help, everyone. Turns out I just didn't pay attention and accidentally wiped my Windows partition and installed Xubuntu on it. I'll fix it when I find a copy of Windows 8.1. 

I was using Xubuntu for awhile, as I had seen it here on the fourms before, but I just liked the vanilla Canotical Ubuntu better. I installed Ubuntu 13.10 and have it up and running. So far it seems really nice. A couple of concerns if I may:

1. I have a problem with playing fullscreen YouTube videos. I ave two displays - my laptop's screen and a TV hooked up to it (above the laptop) and whenever I try to watch a video it will be very narrow and not fit the window at all. I have no idea how to fix it.

2. When trying to get everything acustomed to my daily needs, I found installing graphics drivers and Steam to be very troublesome. I still don't even know how and if I have Nvidia drivers installed, and Steam returns this error after installing it from the Software Center: "Missing libgl.so.1", or something to that degree.

Any ideas on how to fix these problems? Thanks.

As a long time Linux user it baffles me why google has yet to fix this bug in youtube... I had this problem back in Ubuntu 10.04 yeah.... thanks YouTube. Anyways here's a link to an older thread but sometimes one thing or another still works, it seems to depend on what mood the YouTube gods are in that day. 

http://askubuntu.com/questions/36820/how-to-make-youtube-fullscreen-actually-fullscreen

Ginger (Main Desktop):

AMD A10 5800K / MSI Twin Frozr iii Radeon HD 7850 / Corsair XMS 8GB Dual Channel @ 1333MHz / MSI FM2-A75MA-E35