Computer restarts under load

valisevalise

So i just bought a new computer but it kept restarting If I don't disable the cpu boost and even with that If the gpu is used it restart my computer.

Thought that it was my psu (gigabyte pb550) so i replaced by a cooler master masterwatt 650 but it's doing the same.

Also if i underclock my gpu and disable cpu boost it runs longer (it instant crash but with that it last 2 minutes) but then it restarts again i tried to use xmp profile 2 and it also make my computer run games longer but it restarts (same as underclocking my gpu).

It's not my temps since everything is running under 50c and its not getting hotter before it restarts.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3500x

2x8gb klevv bolt x

Msi gaming x trio rtx 3060ti

Pny xlr8 500gb

Cooler master masterwatt 650 80+ bronze

Msi b550m mag bazooka

I have all my drivers up to date and also my bios is running the latest version i also need to say that if i put the cpu voltage at amd overclock in the bios and i turn cpu boost at auto my computer isnt instant restarting but booting inside my desktop and then restarts after a few seconds

14 minutes ago, valisevalise said:

So i just bought a new computer but it kept restarting If I don't disable the cpu boost and even with that If the gpu is used it restart my computer.

Thought that it was my psu (gigabyte pb550) so i replaced by a cooler master masterwatt 650 but it's doing the same.

Also if i underclock my gpu and disable cpu boost it runs longer (it instant crash but with that it last 2 minutes) but then it restarts again i tried to use xmp profile 2 and it also make my computer run games longer but it restarts (same as underclocking my gpu).

It's not my temps since everything is running under 50c and its not getting hotter before it restarts.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3500x

2x8gb klevv bolt x

Msi gaming x trio rtx 3060ti

Pny xlr8 500gb

Cooler master masterwatt 650 80+ bronze

Msi b550m mag bazooka

What are your temperatures when idle and under load? For cpu and gpu.

Did you seat the cpu cooler properly?

3 minutes ago, Naijin said:

What are your temperatures when idle and under load? For cpu and gpu.

Did you seat the cpu cooler properly?

When idle my gpu is at 40c and my cpu around 45c but now i set my ram at xmp profile 2 and the voltages at amd overclock so it now let me use userbenchmark with cpu boost on auto it passed cpu test with 62c but when it was the gpu test it restarted

2 minutes ago, valisevalise said:

When idle my gpu is at 40c and my cpu around 45c but now i set my ram at xmp profile 2 and the voltages at amd overclock so it now let me use userbenchmark with cpu boost on auto it passed cpu test with 62c but when it was the gpu test it restarted

Which version of gpu driver are you using?

5 minutes ago, valisevalise said:

The latest one (460.89)

If all power connectors on the gpu are connected, then I'd suggest rolling back to one version older. Also, if you have a spare gpu or one that you could loan/test it in your system. If it doesn't fail, your gpu is faulty and might need an RMA.

Yes but i don't think that its the gpu since just having something use too much power makes my computer restarts i think that it is my motherboard not giving the right amount of power

I literally think that my entire computer is just dead at this point i tried everything but nothing works

Maybe your powersupply is not enough, 650W is just the recommended PSU for your 3060ti.

3 minutes ago, papo69 said:

Maybe your powersupply is not enough, 650W is just the recommended PSU for your 3060ti.

I don't think since you can get a 3070 running with a 500w psu as shown here