Small issue cant find any info on!

Slight43

Just reseated my CPU, the thermal paste I just bought less than a week ago, is the thickest. viscose paste I ever seen.

My question is, is it bad? Or is that normal now? I haven't bought paste in ages. Is this some kind of new age paste that does better? If that's the case they need to go back to the drawing board because I went up like 7 to 10 c. And I can't help but put a thick coat because its so thick.

Not like this will matter but.. It's a Ryzen 7 5800x, 360mm AIO with copper base plate. 

1 minute ago, Slight43 said:

Sorry false alarm! Figured it out!

Pray tell what was wrong?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

On 12/18/2020 at 12:25 AM, Moonzy said:

Pray tell what was wrong?

The paste I bought was bad. Corsair T50 or something like that. On the way home I went to my local Best Buy. Must have been sitting there forever or bad batch. You could take the paste and basically mold it like play dough. I ended up removing the old paste. Bought a tube of Thermal Grizzly per Steve over at GN. Seems to do the trick. Don't really notice it being any better than any other paste for half the price. But at least it wasn't bad I guess.  

Edit: I called CORSAIR. Just to ask. I pretty much figured it wasn't good. But the last time I bought paste was a good while ago. Figured maybe the paste was something new.