Will a 3070 fit in a tx 606 super case?

matt915

what 3070? they're not all the same size

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Any of them the smallest one?

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I'm new to graphics cards so I'm not sure which one

6 minutes ago, matt915 said:

Any of them the smallest one?

the zotac 3070 Twin Edge is pretty small, it would most likely fit. though I can't say for certain one way or the other since I don't know the dimensions of that case.

5 minutes ago, matt915 said:

I'm new to graphics cards so I'm not sure which one

make sure you know what you're getting into with high end graphics cards. strong power supplies are a must.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Thats another thing is I'm upgrading the power supply and wondering if that will fit and what power supply wattage i need.

1 minute ago, matt915 said:

Thats another thing is I'm upgrading the power supply and wondering if that will fit and what power supply wattage i need.

You might wanna just make a whole post about upgrading your system

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the zotac 3070 Twin Edge is pretty small, it would most likely fit. though I can't say for certain one way or the other since I don't know the dimensions of that case.

make sure you know what you're getting into with high end graphics cards. strong power supplies are a must.

Thats another thing is I'm upgrading the power supply and wondering if that will fit and what power supply wattage i need. Here's the dimensions 

Screenshot_20201217-165955_Firefox.jpg

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You might wanna just make a whole post about upgrading your system

True

Also not to be rude but if you are getting a 3070 then euhm toss that case it's gonna be a overheating nightmare in that box. That or leave the side off of it. IF one even fits which seems to be like it will be a no to very very close even on the smallest ones as I can't find the exact measurements of the gpu length support as that hdd case takes a lot off space.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Also not to be rude but if you are getting a 3070 then euhm toss that case it's gonna be a overheating nightmare in that box. That or leave the side off of it. IF one even fits which seems to be like it will be a no to very very close even on the smallest ones as I can't find the exact measurements of the gpu length support as that hdd case takes a lot off space.

At least your being honest i thought maybe I could squeeze something out of it replce some parts but it doesn't sound like it.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I wouldn't want it to over heat that be a nightmare and a waste of cash maybe I should just start from scratch 

this is a pretty bad case how'd you choose that one lol? 

don't get me wrong it'd be a cool (ie hot as hell) sleeper build, but why... 

Also yes something like the smallest zotac would fit... 

(again, but why lol) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

this is a pretty bad case how'd you choose that one lol? 

don't get me wrong it'd be a cool (ie hot as hell) sleeper build, but why... 

Also yes something like the smallest zotac would fit... 

(again, but why lol) 

I didn't I got it free from a class we where doing computer building maybe I should put a 2060 in it instead 

dimensions of the card should be listed on the manufacturer website. below is the zotac RTX 3070 page below. compare the dimensions to the case graphics card maximums..

231.9mm is less than the 250mm of your case so yes. but check my math first. (appears standard width so don't worry about that)

455328030_zotacrtx3070.thumb.png.8b18543e701cdd423fb31b43570fdd1c.png

25 minutes ago, matt915 said:

I didn't I got it free from a class we where doing computer building maybe I should put a 2060 in it instead 

I see. well you really just have to look at the pic you posted it has the measurements... a small card like the 2x zotac  3070 would fit... it's really small and has 2 fans so thermals wouldn't be that bad... probably... 

then you have to see if you can put 1 or better 2 front intake fans... maybe remove those hard drive caddies if needed... 

a 2060 wouldn't be any less hot probably, just weaker... 

then you have to find a proper psu... gotta look at the measurements again, maybe just make another thread for that specifically, PSUs are tricky to find the right ones... 

I'm not saying this can't work, it's just not ideal..  with enough case fans it might just work... 

you have to try and see, and yeah a small zotac or similar would be maybe a good fit. 

I actually like the case it's super 'retro' so idk, if your willing to try why not... 

should it just not work out for whatever reason you can still buy another case... (don't buy nzxt, their thermals are just as bad if not worse lol) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, US Party Sqaudron said:

dimensions of the card should be listed on the manufacturer website. below is the zotac RTX 3070 page below. compare the dimensions to the case graphics card maximums..

231.9mm is less than the 250mm of your case so yes. but check my math first. (appears standard width so don't worry about that)

455328030_zotacrtx3070.thumb.png.8b18543e701cdd423fb31b43570fdd1c.png

Ok thanks i think im going to go with a 2060 though

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

I see. well you really just have to look at the pic you posted it has the measurements... a small card like the 2x zotac  3070 would fit... it's really small and has 2 fans so thermals wouldn't be that bad... probably... 

then you have to see if you can put 1 or better 2 front intake fans... maybe remove those hard drive caddies if needed... 

a 2060 wouldn't be any less hot probably, just weaker... 

then you have to find a proper psu... gotta look at the measurements again, maybe just make another thread for that specifically, PSUs are tricky to find the right ones... 

I'm not saying this can't work, it's just not ideal..  with enough case fans it might just work... 

you have to try and see, and yeah a small zotac or similar would be maybe a good fit. 

I actually like the case it's super 'retro' so idk, if your willing to try why not... 

should it just not work out for whatever reason you can still buy another case... (don't buy nzxt, their thermals are just as bad if not worse lol) 

Ok I have a 500 wattage psu in there here is a picture of my setup really 

20201218_001252.jpg

6 minutes ago, matt915 said:

Ok I have a 500 wattage psu in there here is a picture of my setup really

Ok I think 2060 is definitely the better choice then, the psu should be OK for that... and seriously put at least 1 big front intake fan - recommend noctua, as the exhaust alone really doesn't do much and you need as much airflow as possible. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

16 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ok I think 2060 is definitely the better choice then, the psu should be OK for that... and seriously put at least 1 big front intake fan - recommend noctua, as the exhaust alone really doesn't do much and you need as much airflow as possible. 

How would it fit in the front? And where in the front?

16 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Will a 2060 fit?

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Depends on the 2060.

Also, get a better cooler.

Ok I guess I'm getting a small one.