Which powersupplies are considerd long term safe?

Which powersupplies are considerd long term safe.

My friend is cheap af and wants to build a fat gaming rig. He's thinking about getting a 3070, 5600x. To feed that he is planning to get the Cooler Master MWE White 700W V2. It's a pretty cheap powersupply for its wattage so then id like to ask, would it be safe for maybe 8000 hours of use with those specs? Would it be worth it for him to get a better one from maybe corsair or another company or is it just wasting money?

Sorry for the bad English, I'm a swedish 15 year old plz help.

16 minutes ago, gtx 970 overclocker said:

My friend is cheap af and wants to build a fat gaming rig. He's thinking about getting a 3070, 5600x. To feed that he is planning to get the Cooler Master MWE White 700W V2. It's a pretty cheap powersupply for its wattage so then id like to ask, would it be safe for maybe 8000 hours of use with those specs? Would it be worth it for him to get a better one from maybe corsair or another company or is it just wasting money?

I can't say speak specifically on the PSU you mentioned, but one thing I can guarantee you is that people on here will advise you to tell your friend not to mess around buying a moody, low quality power supply.

It is an important component, and one which can cause a lot of problems if it is poor quality 

I mean, your friend is considering a 3070, and other good quality parts - so it would be a shame if a cheap power supply ended up melting his entire set up.

I'm being melodramatic, but I think you see my point?

Impossible to say for certain any psu will die or survive extended use. This is due to components with manufacturing tolerances and random chance of a bad or weak component. 

You can reduce this chance by using higher efficiency power supplies as the higher efficiency often (not always) comes with better quality components. 80+ platinum/titanium ratings often are attached to the highest quality power supplies but there are lots of other ones in the same tier. 

Check out the "PSU Tier List" post in this forum to see where the psu ranks and how much your friend can spend for a better one. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

27 minutes ago, gtx 970 overclocker said:

I say no. If it was less high end then I would say that it is ok but these are some pretty good parts so maybe choose a different one? Here is a great one from seasonic. 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Power Supply SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $100.98 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $115.98
  Mail-in rebates -$15.00
  Total $100.98
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-17 17:05 EST-0500  

It is around 830 in sek. 

3 hours ago, gtx 970 overclocker said:

$700 graphics card.  $70 PSU.

That makes ZERO sense.

21 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I can't say speak specifically on the PSU you mentioned, but one thing I can guarantee you is that people on here will advise you to tell your friend not to mess around buying a moody, low quality power supply.

It is an important component, and one which can cause a lot of problems if it is poor quality 

I mean, your friend is considering a 3070, and other good quality parts - so it would be a shame if a cheap power supply ended up melting his entire set up.

I'm being melodramatic, but I think you see my point?

I do, that's what I'm afraid of too.