My PC froze, it got weird, then it got ok...?

aDoomGuy

So yeah.. I left my PC on overnight to download some games since I recently reinstalled my OS. I woke up and went to check how much space there was left on my hard drives so I pressed "Win+e" ....nothing... pressing again... nothing... next moving my mouse ...cursor in same place ....oh....crap.....!

I press reboot button and the monitors shut off but not much else going on so I flick off the PSU, wait like 15 seconds before I flick it back on and turn on the PC. Hey presto I get to log into Windows ...but now everything is flickering and moving Task Manager makes it look like Windows 98, I try to kill explorer.exe but I can't interact with trusted old Task Manager so I ctrl+alt+delete and restart that way since the whole explorer shell was pretty much unusable.

After another restart everything seems normal. I go into event log but nothing there, I run sfc and dism but no complaints there... I run check disk (read only) on all my volumes but no issues there either.. Power delivery seems reliable in the house (no lights flickering etc) but I'm thinking this maybe memory related but I also think that should either have cleared on the shutdown or persisted after the final reboot? I dunno with all the flickering going on earlier I was also giving my video card some harsh looks... I guess I could run memtest but I doubt it will come up with anything at this stage..

I wasn't logging my temps through the night, but now CPU is at 45-55° and GPU 37°C

Any ideas?