Poor performance

Zainster

Hello , me and my brother have the same prebuilt i3 3220 , 8 gigs of ram , 500 gigabyte harddrive and 300 W psu and he has a gtx 750 and i have a gtx 950 b

we both play valorant and in game he has better performance than me even tho i have the same pc as him with a better graphics card , i used to have an overclock but i reset'ed it since it might have been the problem for my performance , i can barley even play 1080p 60hz without it dropping which causes me to play on lower settings and resloution . 

does anyone know the reason of issues like this or how to fix it  ? Thanks

6 minutes ago, Zainster said:

Hello , me and my brother have the same prebuilt i3 3220 , 8 gigs of ram , 500 gigabyte harddrive and 300 W psu and he has a gtx 750 and i have a gtx 950 b

we both play valorant and in game he has better performance than me even tho i have the same pc as him with a better graphics card , i used to have an overclock but i reset'ed it since it might have been the problem for my performance , i can barley even play 1080p 60hz without it dropping which causes me to play on lower settings and resloution . 

Did you install drivers?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

9 minutes ago, Zainster said:

Check if you are running the latest bios and drivers. Probably not the issue unless it's crap but 300 Watts is barely ok for a GTX 950, I mean it does not draw that much power but it does draw 30 Watts more than the 750. What kind of overclock did you run, did you disable XMP by any chance as well? Are you playing on the same settings in game?

1 hour ago, Zainster said:

Might be a dumb question, but isn't your monitor higher resolution than you brother's by any chance?

On 12/16/2020 at 11:23 PM, Wierzbak said:

Might be a dumb question, but isn't your monitor higher resolution than you brother's by any chance?

Nope same resloution

On 12/16/2020 at 10:06 PM, Applefreak said:

Check if you are running the latest bios and drivers. Probably not the issue unless it's crap but 300 Watts is barely ok for a GTX 950, I mean it does not draw that much power but it does draw 30 Watts more than the 750. What kind of overclock did you run, did you disable XMP by any chance as well? Are you playing on the same settings in game?

yeah am running on the latest drivers and idk about the bios i never updated it 

On 12/16/2020 at 10:02 PM, Enzo1001 said:

Did you install drivers?

yes!