Windows fails to find NVME drive for install

Go to solution Solved by Kanrail,

Turns out it was a faulty cpu, had nothing to do with the nvme drive. Just never had a faulty cpu that would post and nearly boot/install to windows.

Spent 6 hours troubleshooting this thing. This is third motherboard after 2 RMAs, can see the nvme drive clearly in the BIOS, but windows fails to find it. It is running in AHCI mode, in UEFI (not CSM), have tried x16 and x4/x4/x4/x4 on the pci configuration. Have flipped just about everything I can think of in the bios, updated the bios to an 11/13 build, flashed the bios. I'm at a loss. Even tried a couple of old Samsung evos I've got laying around, and both which are clean drives, cause windows to go into a boot loop when attempting to load windows so that was no dice either. Please, please help.

Just to note, ssd was successfully installed to and used on a separate Intel based system as a test.

System specs:

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi AM4 board

Ryzen 5 3600X

HP EX950 Gen3 ssd (for boot drive)

2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 memory

RX 5700 XT

850W Gold Certified psu

7 minutes ago, Kanrail said:

Spent 6 hours troubleshooting this thing. This is third motherboard after 2 RMAs, can see the nvme drive clearly in the BIOS, but windows fails to find it. It is running in AHCI mode, in UEFI (not CSM), have tried x16 and x4/x4/x4/x4 on the pci configuration. Have flipped just about everything I can think of in the bios, updated the bios to an 11/13 build, flashed the bios. I'm at a loss. Even tried a couple of old Samsung evos I've got laying around, and both which are clean drives, cause windows to go into a boot loop when attempting to load windows so that was no dice either. Please, please help.

System specs:

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi AM4 board

Ryzen 5 3600X

HP EX950 Gen3 ssd (for boot drive)

2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 memory

RX 5700 XT

850W Gold Certified psu

the hp ssd, hp products fuck you all the time

Just now, ComputerBuilder said:

the hp ssd, hp products fuck you all the time

with copatibility issues like this

Turns out it was a faulty cpu, had nothing to do with the nvme drive. Just never had a faulty cpu that would post and nearly boot/install to windows.