PC won't POST after turning on XMP, clearing CMOS and starting with 1 stick of memory allows POST, nothing else will.

Hi, I decided to give XMP a shot on my pc, i have 2 hyperx predator 8gb 3200mhz sticks, defaulting to 2133mhz. So I wanted to try and get the most out of my RAM and turn on XMP. This is where things get weird, I go into BIOS and turn on one of the default XMP profiles and save and quit. PC restarts, but I get no POST or power into my keyboard/mouse. Next thing, i remove one stick of ram, same result. I proceed to clear CMOS and start with 1 stick, the pc posts and i get power to everything like normal. i power down and put in the 2nd stick, nothing, no post and no power to keyboard/mouse. I try to start back up again with the one stick, nothing. Clear CMOS and start with 1 stick, everything is normal. So what should i be doing next, i'm kinda lost.

41 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

what cpu and motherboard?

ram in slots 2 and 4?

I5 9400f and a asus b360 gaming plus, and yes 2nd amd 4th counting from the cpu

1 minute ago, HybridSx said:

I5 9400f and a asus b360 gaming plus, and yes 2nd amd 4th counting from the cpu

i don't think your cpu and motherboard support speeds higher than 2666. see if there is a 2666 xmp profile, otherwise manually set the dram frequency to 2666 after enabling xmp

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i don't think your cpu and motherboard support speeds higher than 2666. see if there is a 2666 xmp profile, otherwise manually set the dram frequency to 2666 after enabling xmp

Yeah, i've had xmp work once, that was with different sticks and it got capped out at 2666mhz, but the issues currently is i cant even get to the bios with 2 sticks to change it to 2666. Even with xmp off the pc wont post with the 2 sticks in.