I was offered this PC freshly build for 816 dollars.

MacoyGG

I have build an AMD Ryzen 3100 setup myself in june. The system currently draws 220 to 250 Watts from the Wall while gaming. Under less then half load, your PSU should have some reserves left. With capacitor aging at worst you should still have over 500 Watts left or more. I only mentioned it because some good quality PSUs are hard to get due to supply limitations. I would however make sure to order one right away and just put it one once it arrives. There is no guarantee but from experience I feel confident your current PSU will last a little longer if it hasn't done any weird stuff lately.

10 minutes ago, MacoyGG said:

All of these builds, are second hand offers

Does the 3600 build include GPU? Because 800 bucks seems a bit much if it doesn't have one. Also, depending on the age of the PSU it might be worth it to upgrade it still.

I've fried 2 motherboards in the past with my power supplies, so I'm a bit paranoid about them nowdays.

11 minutes ago, MacoyGG said:

Or is it maybe more value if I try and buy completely new parts and try and build myself?

It depends, go and look for similiar parts and see how much money you save by going used. Because you do get warranty with the new parts.

5 minutes ago, MacoyGG said:

I would love to build the PC myself, Never done it

It's not that hard if you're patient and follow the instruction guides. Hardest part is making sure that all the cables are connected so it might take some time at first.

6 minutes ago, MacoyGG said:

power supply released in 2009

I wouldn't.

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

I have build an AMD Ryzen 3100 setup myself in june. The system currently draws 220 to 250 Watts from the Wall while gaming. Under less then half load, your PSU should have some reserves left. With capacitor aging at worst you should still have over 500 Watts left or more. I only mentioned it because some good quality PSUs are hard to get due to supply limitations. I would however make sure to order one right away and just put it one once it arrives. There is no guarantee but from experience I feel confident your current PSU will last a little longer if it hasn't done any weird stuff lately.

Well, i had the issue where my BIOS was freezing and i couldn't get to boot into windows. I did fix it with CMOS reset, accessing windows with integrated graphics and did a BIOS update ( Version was F4, newest version was F15 - Yikes) and then I could insert back my GPU and it would boot. And this is still the PC i'm typing from currently, but I really haven't played on this system since, because i was 100% sure it was the PSU not being able to power everything in the case anymore, and I'm afraid to break it :P

But I'm playing with the thought, I'm looking to see if i can buy the parts you were talking about, and try using my own PSU again. Is B550 the way to go, because i found a ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS for a bit cheaper? Or can you maybe enlighten me on what the key differences is

11 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Does the 3600 build include GPU?

Nope, GPU is the only thing missing from that build. Would've put in a GTX 970, and save money for a GPU upgrade first in that system. 

3 minutes ago, Gaires said:

They are usually cheaper.

Well i guess if i found the X570 Plus cheaper than the B550, i should take that right?

i should take that right?

Sure, it's a good x570 board after all. Rated tier A on LTT MB tier list.

2 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Sure, it's a good x570 board after all. Rated tier A on LTT MB tier list.

Can you also convince me on AMD? I've only had Intel, but will AMD vs Intel have any significance to me, when I'm mainly focused at 1080p and streaming? I've heard some stuff about Intel being better for streaming due to some encoding, but i honestly don't have a clue.

4 minutes ago, MacoyGG said:

Can you also convince me on AMD?

Better upgrade path, as you don't have to upgrade the motherboard if you switch to new cpu.

I've only had Intel, but will AMD vs Intel have any significance to me

Doubt it, theyr'e both good nowdays. AMD is just easier to upgrade.

6 minutes ago, MacoyGG said:

I've heard some stuff about Intel being better for streaming due to some encoding, but i honestly don't have a clue.

Maybe, but extra cores and threads are also usefull when streaming, you can have more stuff open at the same time.

4 minutes ago, MacoyGG said:

Can you also convince me on AMD? I've only had Intel, but will AMD vs Intel have any significance to me, when I'm mainly focused at 1080p and streaming? I've heard some stuff about Intel being better for streaming due to some encoding, but i honestly don't have a clue.

If you use the GPU encoder (called nvenc on Geforce cards), the CPU does not matter. Intel would only be necessary if the application you use for streaming does not recognize the graphics card and relies on Intel's solution. But most applications these days support hardware encoding by AMD and Nvidia alike.

I'll add. If you can find something like 1600f or 3100x for cheap grab one of those, you pay ~100€ now and it will last you a year or two. Thanks to having the x570 you linked you can now upgrade to 3600 or 5600 or if you need more cores to 3700, 3800 or 5800.

If we're really lucky AMD will use the socket for the Ryzen 6000 series.

38 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

If you use the GPU encoder (called nvenc on Geforce cards), the CPU does not matter. Intel would only be necessary if the application you use for streaming does not recognize the graphics card and relies on Intel's solution. But most applications these days support hardware encoding by AMD and Nvidia alike.

AMD GPU encoding is crap though, so generally you'd need a much more powerful CPU to offset that so you can do CPU encoding.  Mind you, the 970 still has a crap encoder too (it didn't become good until the 2000 series) so short-term it is worth thinking about.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 hours ago, Gaires said:

I'll add. If you can find something like 1600f or 3100x for cheap grab one of those, you pay ~100€ now and it will last you a year or two. Thanks to having the x570 you linked you can now upgrade to 3600 or 5600 or if you need more cores to 3700, 3800 or 5800.

If we're really lucky AMD will use the socket for the Ryzen 6000 series.

Okey I Think ive decided. 

Im gonna buy these on the picture,  then i buy 6 month old ryzen 3600, and put in my old ssd and 970 strix. Total price for This is 652usd. Then i need a case for the remaining  amount i have left.  Maybe get a cheap case, and buy a m.2 ssd.

What do you think about This? Getting my friends 1080ti in january.  

Is this fine for the price 

received_891153551420665.webp

40 minutes ago, MacoyGG said:

Then i need a case for the remaining  amount i have left.

Fractal Meshify C is often pretty cheap, has adequete air flow and is pretty quiet. Just make sure the 1080ti fits in it (shouldn't be an problem).

41 minutes ago, MacoyGG said:

What do you think about This?

Looks good.