picking between a 7 2700x or a i310100

tring to pick a cpu for my next build but i don't know what to go for. When i look at the benchmarks for each of them it seems like the the i310100 is what i should go for cuz of the similar price but costs a lot less but idk. if anyone could help me run  this down for me like the pros and cons of each or something,the build is mainly for gaming thanks.

cat2.jpg

It depends what you want to do.  One has more threads the other has a higher clock.  Fps wise the 10100 will beat the 2700 by a good bit.  The 2700’s extra threads make it potentially longer lived.  For gaming right now, a 10100 will crush a 2700.  The question is how long will the 10100 do that for?  My personal guess is at least until a game comes out that is specifically built for the new consoles. That hasn’t happened yet though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

It depends what you want to do.  One has more threads the other has a higher clock.  Fps wise the 10100 will beat the 2700 by a good bit.  The 2700’s extra threads make it potentially longer lived.  For gaming right now, a 10100 will crush a 2700.  The question is how long will the 10100 do that for?  My personal guess is at least until a game comes out that is specifically built for the new consoles. That hasn’t happened yet though.

Alright thanks for the answer is there any mbs that you would recommend for it then i am not used to intel chipsets and stuff