Why does my monitor (and VR headset) have these horizontal banding lines?

TL;DR in the end, but hopefully you read the whole thing or at least check the two examples provided. Thank you for any help! Greetings from a disconserted July G2 pre-order costumer

So... I went into VR for some HL Alyx yesterday, and I kept noticing these horizontal lines while looking at bright objects/the sky/scenes with uniformed colors (pretty much the whole game). At first I thought it was the lenses of the VR headset, but after playing I checked if my monitor had a similar, call it "effect", and surely it does. *This is not the screen door effect - I’m referring solely to the horizontal banding lines*

Example 1 - Monitor (Sorry for the bad quality, hopefully you can see what I’m trying to address - look from the right of the image, where the effect is more pronounced)

Example 2 - VR Headset ("They are faint lines, I pronounced the effect in the photo." Credit to Reddit User u/fujiapplelover for the photo, taken from a similar post he did) 

• The effect is only noticable when I move my head in VR, even a very subtle movement, not while I’m completely still and focusing at a certain spot.

As you can see there are vague horizontal banding lines going across the pixel arrangement of the panel. This is kind of immersion breaking while in VR, as you basically have the panel strapped to your eyeballs and not even as much as a single pixel can escape. While playing normal flat screen (2D) games you can’t really notice it unless you are as close to the monitor as seen in *Example 1* above.

I might be of the picky kind, as I’m really sensitive to minor details like this, but at the same time it got me questioning if this was normal or if maybe my GPU was causing this. It is quite annoying and pulls me out of immersion more often than not tbh.

• I don’t see this effect on my Oculus Quest VR headset at all - hence why I got extra curious. The panel on the Quest seems more uniform and clean compared to my G2, even with less pixels.

TL;DR: My G2 headset has vague horizontal lines across the whole panel, something my Quest 1 does not. Was wondering if my G2 unit is faulty or if this can maybe be fixed through software/updates down the road.

Monitor: Samsung CRG9 (QLED)

PCVR Headset: HP Reverb G2

That's called the Screen Door Effect, basically the pixels are too far apart and so you can see the spaces in between them. The only way to fix this would be to get a higher res headset.

5 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

That's called the Screen Door Effect, basically the pixels are too far apart and so you can see the spaces in between them. The only way to fix this would be to get a higher res headset.

I find it odd that it’s not present on my Quest, even though that headset has a much lower pixel count than my G2...

1 minute ago, sisto90 said:

I find it odd that it’s not present on my Quest, even though that headset has a much lower pixel count than my G2...

It's about pixels per inch, the screens are much smaller than on a monitor.

2 hours ago, Coolmaster said:

It's about pixels per inch, the screens are much smaller than on a monitor.

I do understand the screen door effect, I just don’t get the striking horizontal lines. I’d understand if they also were vertical, but they are not. I only see horizontal lines while in the G2 headset, which is why I’m concerned and curious.

On my Quest headset there are noticable pixels (screen door effect), but there are no horizontal lines present. Which results in an overall smoother image with no distractions. 

I’m just curious about the horizontal lines specifically, not each individual pixel and the space between them.