LG Q7+ Casting

Donut417

Have a bit of an issue. We just subbed to HBO Max. DIdnt know that HBO and Roku seem to have issues and thus HBO Max is not on Roku. For my dads Roku stick it was as simple as air play from his iPhone. My mom however has an LG Q7+ (T Mobile). According to the T Mobile support pages it should support casting. HOWEVER I dont see the option, maybe Im over looking it? Are there any 3rd party ways to cast? For the record she has one of the 4K Roku sticks, if that helps. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

It's not called Screen Mirroring is it? I don't have that same phone, but that's what mine has it called.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, Voluspa said:

It's not called Screen Mirroring is it? I don't have that same phone, but that's what mine has it called.

Android is not how do I put it, standardized. Meaning each phone maker has a different name for it. But there are no settings I can see for Cast, Screen Mirroring, Miracast, Airplay, or screen sharing. 

11 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You will have to enable screen mirroring and look into wireless display settings if you want to cast from your device.

Roku is more of a set top box with the app and whatever streaming service on the Roku itself.

Roku sticks are not a substitute for Chromecast, and you will not get the options to cast from other devices like you do with Chromecast.

Roku does fine with the iPhone. Guess that just means Apple is superior in that regard? Both my iPhone XR and My dads SE were able to Cast HBO Max just fine. The only issue is this Android device. Fact is everything I see online suggests this is the way to get HBO Max on a Roku because AT&T and Roku are having some kind of lovers spat. The fact is I know you can do what Im trying. I just need to know how to do it on this phone. 

46 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You will have to cast for screen mirroring. Any android device should be able to.

I dont think you understand. I cant find the setting on that Device. The only devices that currently can cast our the iPhones me and my dad use. While T Mobile claims it can do it (https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/lg-q7-plus/share-and-stream-media-lg-q7-plus). I cant find those settings any where. There is no screen sharing option in the Network tab at all. All the other share settings are there, but none for screen sharing. Considering this is a T Mobile phone, as in thats where we got it, you figure their support pages to be..... right. 

I guess my mom will just have to use her computer to watch content then. Doesn't seem that anyone knows why this device cant cast. 

10 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Look for "miracast" on the Play store?

Downloaded a few apps they were all garbage. Then remembered I had a 2nd gen fire stick I was no longer using. So she will use that for HBO until AT&T unsticks it’s head from its ass and makes an agreement with Roku.