Getting Blue screen with the error msg: "irql_not_less_equal

zzarizz
Go to solution Solved by zzarizz,

I'm not sure if I updated this post but here is it again, better double then nothing. 

Got my Ryzen 3 3300X and the system works perfect without any issues. Two days ago I received the new 5800x and that works perfect to. So the problem was probably on the bended pins on the CPU, even with this small bend.

Hello, I have maybe a little problem or a serious one. Few days ago i received my new CPU, Mobo and RAM. Maybe I destroyed the CPU cause I bended 2 pins a little bit, but the research says that the problem is a memory problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Setup:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212

GPU: RTX 3080 FE

Mainboard: Aorus B550I Pro AX

RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 850W

Storage: 1 M2 NVMe Gen 4.0 500GB (Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4), 1 M2 NVMe Gen 3.0 500GB (WD Black SN750 NVMe Gen3) and 1 1TB SSD Sata

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I installed all the components and started the system up. Got in the BIOS and all parts were have been recognized. I didn't enabled yet XMP and tried to install Windows. I got stuck in the Windows logo for over an hour and rebooted it. Then I checked the BIOS Version and it was on F3, I updated the BIOS Version to F11n and I was able to install Windows. I updated all updates on Windows installed all needed drivers and got a beautiful blue screen with the error message: "irql_not_less_or_equal". Everything I tried atm:

-Tried RAM Sticks with 16GB 2666Mhz and 3200Mhz, one slot or dual channel

-Switch RAM Sticks

-Reinstall Windows completely

-Enabled XMP and disabled after

-I took the M2 SSD with Windows and installed in an other PC (intel based) and it worked

-Started Windows in secure mode

Everything without success.

Any other tips you guys recommend? Thanks in advance for your efforts.

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0534.JPG

11 minutes ago, zzarizz said:

beautiful blue screen with the error message:

Post the crash dumps here, I can analyze them and pinpoint where the issue is.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

How can I do it without getting in Windows (I just know this way).

Just now, zzarizz said:

How can I do it without getting in Windows (I just know this way).

Safe mode

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

30 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Safe mode

I can't get in Safe mode either, the blue screen with the same error msg pops directly after I try to start it in safe mode.

Edited by zzarizz
I got in safe mode with cmd the normal safe mode doesn't work.

4 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I got somehow in safe mode and found a memory.dmp file but the size is 629mb.

Screenshot 2020-12-12 193420.png

51 minutes ago, zzarizz said:

I got somehow in safe mode and found a memory.dmp file but the size is 629mb.

Screenshot 2020-12-12 193420.png

That's not it,. you are looking for the mindump, it's about 5MB or less in size

25 minutes ago, zzarizz said:

Finally, I think I got it. I got 5 of them. 

One DirectX corruption

One SVCHost corruption

One OneDriveSetup corruption

One Werfault.exe corruption

And one of the crash dumps itself was corrupted.

So, here's what you have:

(1) Highly corrupted Windows Install (unlikely)

(2) Bad RAM (more likely)

(3) Bad system timings in RAM (XMP is on, RAM is not on the compatible list for your mobo, RAM speeds set too high, OC'd RAM, that sort of thing)

Test your RAM with Memtest86 after restoring BIOS to default and turning off XMP.

37 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

One DirectX corruption

One SVCHost corruption

One OneDriveSetup corruption

One Werfault.exe corruption

And one of the crash dumps itself was corrupted.

So, here's what you have:

(1) Highly corrupted Windows Install (unlikely)

(2) Bad RAM (more likely)

(3) Bad system timings in RAM (XMP is on, RAM is not on the compatible list for your mobo, RAM speeds set too high, OC'd RAM, that sort of thing)

Test your RAM with Memtest86 after restoring BIOS to default and turning off XMP.

The Memtest86 is running on the first stick with default BIOS and XMP off. I've never used this program, when there is an error it will show it I assume, right?

1 hour ago, zzarizz said:

The Memtest86 is running on the first stick with default BIOS and XMP off. I've never used this program, when there is an error it will show it I assume, right?

Yes, though you should run with all sticks in your system.

It may take several hours to complete.

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yes, though you should run with all sticks in your system.

It may take several hours to complete.

Yes I see, I'll post when it's done and I got the results. Thanks for everything.

1 hour ago, zzarizz said:

Yes I see, I'll post when it's done and I got the results. Thanks for everything.

Anytime buddy, we are here for you!

After literally 4h per stick (have 4) the test is done. None of the ram stick had an error.  From the image 0561 I have 2 DDR4-3200MHz but forgot to take a photo. Both didn't had any errors. The second RAM sticks looks absolute similar like the image 0561.IMG_0561.thumb.JPG.f8623bd1ff96425ad31614df644dac17.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

Bent pins are a common cause of memory related issues at least on LGA sockets, not too sure on PGA . Do you have another cpu to test? Maybe you could bend them back and RMA the chip.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

1 minute ago, Gazereths said:

Bent pins are a common cause of memory related issues at least on LGA sockets, not too sure on PGA . Do you have another cpu to test? Maybe you could bend them back and RMA the chip.

I bended the pins back and I ran a full Memtest86 with that CPU. I don't have an LGA socket, mine is a AM4. For this build I don't have an other CPU.

1 minute ago, zzarizz said:

I bended the pins back and I ran a full Memtest86 with that CPU. I don't have an LGA socket, mine is a AM4. For this build I don't have an other CPU.

Yeah I know it's AM4 (PGA = Pin Grid Array) I was just saying that even slightly bent pins can cause memory issues, from small errors to entire channels/slots not working. At least that is the case with LGA (Land Grid Array / Intel) sockets, so I'm assuming it could be the same on AMD/PGA sockets.

Have you tried reseating the cpu and memory?

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

Just now, Gazereths said:

Yeah I know it's AM4 (PGA = Pin Grid Array) I was just saying that even slightly bent pins can cause memory issues, from small errors to entire channels/slots not working. At least that is the case with LGA (Land Grid Array / Intel) sockets, so I'm assuming it could be the same on AMD/PGA sockets.

Have you tried reseating the cpu and memory?

I reseated everything in my PC. Those bends I got from reseating the CPU to many times xD.

7 minutes ago, zzarizz said:

I reseated everything in my PC. Those bends I got from reseating the CPU to many times xD.

Ahh so the issue started before the pins were bent? Sorry I assumed you dropped it or something before the first install.

Without parts to swap out it's difficult to diagnose the issue, have any friends/family with AM4 builds that could help you out?

I assume you used a bootable USB to install windows? Tried creating a fresh one? Just spitballing here tbh.

2 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

Ahh so the issue started before the pins were bent? Sorry I assumed you dropped it or something before the first install.

Without parts to swap out it's difficult to diagnose the issue, have any friends/family with AM4 builds that could help you out?

I assume you used a bootable USB to install windows? Tried creating a fresh one? Just spitballing here tbh.

I gotcha no worries, thanks. I have an other PC (Intel Core i7-9700k, 32GB RAM, which I was going to give my little cousin) there I installed Windows on the M.2 NVMe SSD freshly, installed all drivers and swapped it with the new rig. Starts and immediately the blue screen pops out. Took an other M.2 NVMe SSD which was formatted first and booted from an USB to install windows completely new. Came in the installation menu and ... blue screen same error msg. All this I tried before the pins were bend and after the pins were bend. 
Funny thing I experienced in this time. Yesterday I somehow managed to get in windows and played Cyberpunk without any issues for over 3h, shut the pc down and started it later aaand again blue screen.
Recently I just got in a fresh windows in, connected it to the internet and installed all drivers. After the PC needed a restart which I did poof blue screen. 
I really never came across something like this.  

By the way, will a Ryzen 3 3300x work on this mobo? Because I will buy one so I can test it.

Just a quick reply here: you're not getting any error code descriptions with the letters NV (for nvidia) in them, are you? I've had an IRQL error caused by graphics drivers before.

This code would be at the bottom of the blue screen text.

Technology advances at such a smooth rate as to render us unaware of major leaps forward. It is only when we look back on our memories that we see the true majesty of the world we have created.

3 minutes ago, xyro27 said:

Just a quick reply here: you're not getting any error code descriptions with the letters NV (for nvidia) in them, are you? I've had an IRQL error caused by graphics drivers before.

This code would be at the bottom of the blue screen text.

I'm testing the system with 4 GPU: GTX 660, GTX 980ti, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 3080. All without success.

4 minutes ago, zzarizz said:

I'm testing the system with 4 GPU: GTX 660, GTX 980ti, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 3080. All without success.

Yes, but do keep in mind that the drivers would be localized on the system. Gpu wouldn't matter if the irql error was due to nvidia drivers.

I would personally boot windows off another ssd or USB to check if you need a fresh install.

Technology advances at such a smooth rate as to render us unaware of major leaps forward. It is only when we look back on our memories that we see the true majesty of the world we have created.