I booted windows and now my 1440p is very low resoltion and cut off.

OnlyAxolotl

Today I booted up, but the screen was on but not showing an image.

I pressed the button on my PC. Tuned off the monitor and PC and when I loaded back up, half the screen was cut off and low res on my display when when set to 1440p

I went to windows updates and it says the "We could not complete the installation because an update service was shutting down". I have a feeling it was installing and update hence why my monitor wasnt turning on.

Also when I loaded it gave me a sort of windows blue update screen.

11 minutes ago, johndole25 said:

Today I booted up, but the screen was on but not showing an image.

I pressed the button on my PC. Tuned off the monitor and PC and when I loaded back up, half the screen was cut off and low res on my display when when set to 1440p

I went to windows updates and it says the "We could not complete the installation because an update service was shutting down". I have a feeling it was installing and update hence why my monitor wasnt turning on.

Also when I loaded it gave me a sort of windows blue update screen.

Sounds like your display driver is corrupted.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like your display driver is corrupted.

Yeah must have been during the windows shutdown. Going to do a windows reset as wont be happy unless I know its fully back

Just now, johndole25 said:

Yeah must have been during the windows shutdown. Going to do a windows reset as wont be happy unless I know its fully back

you can use Display Driver Uninstaller (aka DU) to remove corrupted video driver, then try again

might be easier than a full reset

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

you can use Display Driver Uninstaller (aka DU) to remove corrupted video driver, then try again

might be easier than a full reset

Yeah i'd usually use DDU, but I want to be fully sure. Thanks. I wonder why it would do that, is that common for windows updates. My monitor doesnt seem to show them until I enter login screen and whats more it stayed on after it was shut down

Just now, johndole25 said:

Yeah i'd usually use DDU, but I want to be fully sure. Thanks. I wonder why it would do that, is that common for windows updates. My monitor doesnt seem to show them until I enter login screen and whats more it stayed on after it was shut down

Windows update isn't perfect, you wouldn't be the first to get a corrupted system from a bad Update