Low usage percentage but still low fps

Hey. I recently upgraded from a 1070 ti to a 3070 so i can play cyberpunk.

Cpu: 2600x

Ram: 16gb 2666mhz

For some reason the cpu sits at 65% and gpu at 20% (even weirder is that cyberpunk is at 0% and nvidia container is at 19%)

Could this be a ram speed issue or what is going on?

Thanks in advance 

Good CPU, very powerful GPU. This is a very big upgrade. This could simply be a bottlenecking issue. Have you tried to overclock or get a more powerful PSU?

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

1 minute ago, TheCoder2019 said:

Good CPU, very powerful GPU. This is a very big upgrade. This could simply be a bottlenecking issue. Have you tried to overclock or get a more powerful PSU?

My psu is 750 watts so i doubt that that is the problem. Also im running a stock cooler on my processor, so i won't be able to get much overclocking out of it i think. Would it most likely be a cpu bottleneck even though it's only running at 65%?

1 minute ago, Draysh said:

My psu is 750 watts so i doubt that that is the problem. Also im running a stock cooler on my processor, so i won't be able to get much overclocking out of it i think. Would it most likely be a cpu bottleneck even though it's only running at 65%?

I have no idea tbh. All I know is that an upgrade from a 1070 to a 3070 is a HUGE jump. It could very well be a CPU bottleneck. How many programs are running while open?

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

Just now, TheCoder2019 said:

I have no idea tbh. All I know is that an upgrade from a 1070 to a 3070 is a HUGE jump. It could very well be a CPU bottleneck. How many programs are running while open?

It's only really discord and steam that takes up some of the cpu.

It's only really discord and steam that takes up some of the cpu.

How much of your CPU and RAM are they utilizing? Your GPU is more than capable of running cyberpunk though

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

GAMDIAS Argus M1

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

2 minutes ago, TheCoder2019 said:

How much of your CPU and RAM are they utilizing? Your GPU is more than capable of running cyberpunk though

Like 2% each. Again, the whole cpu is only at 65%, but i don't know if cyberpunk can actually utilize all the threads.

65% leaves 35% left for background processes for windows and that’s more than enough. I could have many Chrome tabs (YT and Discord) and 4GB DDR3 ram and an old Pentium in it and it only uses 70% of cpu. I really don’t know.

Without being rude, if you want to actually know what the problem is ask a professional. I only came here to try to help that’s all

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

GAMDIAS Argus M1

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

2 minutes ago, TheCoder2019 said:

65% leaves 35% left for background processes for windows and that’s more than enough. I could have many Chrome tabs (YT and Discord) and 4GB DDR3 ram and an old Pentium in it and it only uses 70% of cpu. I really don’t know.

Without being rude, if you want to actually know what the problem is ask a professional. I only came here to try to help that’s all

Thanks for your help. I'm not really sure where i get in contact with a professional though. Thanks either way!

Thanks for your help. I'm not really sure where i get in contact with a professional though. Thanks either way!

Professional as in “knows more than the OG of this forum: Linus” Good luck trying to find one lol.

Maybe DM or reply to Bitwit or Jayztwocents Twitter post, they might be able to help

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

GAMDIAS Argus M1

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

A lot of people have the same problem, me included. I have an RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800X and 16gb od 3200mhz memory and the game shows only like 50% gpu utilization and 40% CPU utilization. This makes no sense as any other game that I launch utilizes 100% GPU right off the bat. I think we need to wait for a patch 😛

My specs:

GTX 1080 strix

r5 2600x

16gb 3000mhz

if i check my Task manager while i play im legit getting 50% cpu and 12% gpu!!! ive tried different presets and they barely make a difference so i dunno. Will probably wait a bit for patches

6 hours ago, sniffsmurf said:

My specs:

GTX 1080 strix

r5 2600x

16gb 3000mhz

if i check my Task manager while i play im legit getting 50% cpu and 12% gpu!!! ive tried different presets and they barely make a difference so i dunno. Will probably wait a bit for patches

task manager is not the program you want to be checking to see gpu usage in dx12 games, it doesnt show the usage at all. use something else like afterburner

I have a R7 3700x and RTX 3080 and get about 45-55 FPS in night city at 3440x1440 ultra RTX with DLSS quality. On occasions, when the FPS is closer to 45, the GPU usage drops to 80% while the CPU usage stays at 50-60%. Looking at afterburner, it appears that some CPU cores are staying idle during gameplay, and the load it being distributed among the others, with some cores reaching 90% usage at time. So, it seems in my case that there is some CPU bottleneck even though my CPU (and that of many people here) is far above their recommendation for RTX Ultra. 

I have tried lowering DLSS quality ad changing other settings to high instead of Ultra, but it changed nothing in the performance for me, which makes sense if I am being CPU limited.

im having the same problem. mine's even worse. i run on 1080p with r5 3600x and 3070, and it only uses 60%, 45-55fps in populated areas. uses +80% when in dense areas like the afterlife and reached 65 fps which i don't mind because at all i blame it on the cpu. i've seen that 5000 series made a difference. even made a thread on it in this forum.

RTX 3060Ti and an Ryzen 5 2600x here.

Even if I put everything (including resolution) on lowest. I get a maximum of +-60fps.
There's no v-sync on (also 144hz monitor) and my GPU and CPU are just chilling at 30-40% usage...

10 minutes ago, Jonanien said:

RTX 3060Ti and an Ryzen 5 2600x here.

Even if I put everything (including resolution) on lowest. I get a maximum of +-60fps.
There's no v-sync on (also 144hz monitor) and my GPU and CPU are just chilling at 30-40% usage...

15 hours ago, PusheenKill said:

I have a R7 3700x and RTX 3080 and get about 45-55 FPS in night city at 3440x1440 ultra RTX with DLSS quality. On occasions, when the FPS is closer to 45, the GPU usage drops to 80% while the CPU usage stays at 50-60%. Looking at afterburner, it appears that some CPU cores are staying idle during gameplay, and the load it being distributed among the others, with some cores reaching 90% usage at time. So, it seems in my case that there is some CPU bottleneck even though my CPU (and that of many people here) is far above their recommendation for RTX Ultra. 

I have tried lowering DLSS quality ad changing other settings to high instead of Ultra, but it changed nothing in the performance for me, which makes sense if I am being CPU limited.

On 12/10/2020 at 2:59 PM, Okane said:

A lot of people have the same problem, me included. I have an RTX 3080, Ryzen 7 5800X and 16gb od 3200mhz memory and the game shows only like 50% gpu utilization and 40% CPU utilization. This makes no sense as any other game that I launch utilizes 100% GPU right off the bat. I think we need to wait for a patch 😛

these guys knows what's up

im using an msi x trio, if any of you are using same brand, it might be a possibility that this is the source. but i highly doubt it

1377694874_Screenshot(16).png

33 minutes ago, dijoliin said:

im using an msi x trio, if any of you are using same brand, it might be a possibility that this is the source. but i highly doubt it

I've got an MSI 3060Ti Gaming X trio, but idk if it's gonna be MSI's fault

Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't benefit from 6 or more cores/threads. It's a GPU bound game and sadly there is simply not enough optimization going on.

People without a DLSS compatible card (like me) or RX 6800/XT will have a hard time with this game.

I get about 40-50fps on 1440p at mixed low-medium settings. GPU runs at 99% and CPU at max. 65%.

On 1080p at low settings I can get about 80-85fps but only in building. As soon as I go outside it drops down to 45-50fps and goes up to 55-60fps.

For me it is kinda weird that there is literally no optimized setting that I can use on 1440p to get stable 60fps, not even on low. Same goes for 1080p, sure I get 60+fps in certain areas but most of time I barely get 60fps.

I spent about 2 hours changing settings but so far the performance is just terrible compared to other new AAA games like RDR2 and Metro Exodus, which I recently played and on mixed medium-high settings, my system got stable 70fps at 1440p and in Metro I even reached 80-85fps. Personally I think RDR2 and Metro look better than CP2077 mainly because as soon as you change some settings in CP2077 it becomes blurry. Also if you turn Screen Space Reflections down from Ultra/Psycho to medium or low, any reflective surface looks grainy. Using Nvidia's Game Filters make it better but it shouldn't be like this in the first place. Guess I have to wait for some patches.

My System:

Spoiler

• MSI GTX 1080 Ti Armor OC (+custom OC)
  • Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8Ghz)
  • 2x 8GB DDR4 2400MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX (running at 2666MHz)
  • ASUS Prime B350M-K
  • ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB M.2 NVMe (OS drive)
  • Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (Game drive)
  • Crucial MX100 256GB SSD (Productivity drive)
  • Seagate Expansion+ Desktop 4TB External (Backup/Long Term Storage drive)

8 minutes ago, Varusal said:

Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't benefit from 6 or more cores/threads. It's a GPU bound game and sadly there is simply not enough optimization going on.

People without a DLSS compatible card (like me) or RX 6800/XT will have a hard time with this game.

I get about 40-50fps on 1440p at mixed low-medium settings. GPU runs at 99% and CPU at max. 65%.

On 1080p at low settings I can get about 80-85fps but only in building. As soon as I go outside it drops down to 45-50fps and goes up to 55-60fps.

For me it is kinda weird that there is literally no optimized setting that I can use on 1440p to get stable 60fps, not even on low. Same goes for 1080p, sure I get 60+fps in certain areas but most of time I barely get 60fps.

I spent about 2 hours changing settings but so far the performance is just terrible compared to other new AAA games like RDR2 and Metro Exodus, which I recently played and on mixed medium-high settings, my system got stable 70fps at 1440p and in Metro I even reached 80-85fps. Personally I think RDR2 and Metro look better than CP2077 mainly because as soon as you change some settings in CP2077 it becomes blurry. Also if you turn Screen Space Reflections down from Ultra/Psycho to medium or low, any reflective surface looks grainy. Using Nvidia's Game Filters make it better but it shouldn't be like this in the first place. Guess I have to wait for some patches.

My System:

Reveal hidden contents

• MSI GTX 1080 Ti Armor OC (+custom OC)
  • Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8Ghz)
  • 2x 8GB DDR4 2400MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX (running at 2666MHz)
  • ASUS Prime B350M-K
  • ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB M.2 NVMe (OS drive)
  • Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (Game drive)
  • Crucial MX100 256GB SSD (Productivity drive)
  • Seagate Expansion+ Desktop 4TB External (Backup/Long Term Storage drive)

Even with DLSS you get more frames than my 3070. I assume there must be a driver issue or something. 

7 minutes ago, Draysh said:

Even with DLSS you get more frames than my 3070. I assume there must be a driver issue or something. 

I read on reddit that some people clean installed the driver and it solved the issue for some systems.

1 minute ago, Varusal said:

I read on reddit that some people clean installed the driver and it solved the issue for some systems.

Yeah i tried that but it didn't help. However someone said they had to do it like 5 times. I just hope they'll fix the drivers instead of having everyone reinstall their drivers.

2 minutes ago, Draysh said:

Yeah i tried that but it didn't help. However someone said they had to do it like 5 times. I just hope they'll fix the drivers instead of having everyone reinstall their drivers.

True that but that might take some weeks until we get a hotfix. Nvidia is not exactly fast, at least that is what I experienced over the years.

6 hours ago, dijoliin said:

I have an EVGA FTW3 Ultra, so it seems like the issue is vendor agnostic. The issue is also specifically in the open areas of Night City for me. In indoor places, I get around 65-75 FPS with 98% GPU utilisation. 

3 hours ago, Varusal said:

Agreed. I think it will take a little more time for them to iron out the kinks. But I would still expect that if people follow the system recommendation for the CPU at whichever setting they are playing on, that the CPU not be a bottleneck like it is in arguably the most important part of the game. We will have to wait and see, but I for one will continue to report these things as well as crashes to CDPR so hopefully they can fix these by the time I give the game a second playthrough.