Cinebench R23 Refusing to Open Anyone have any ideas to fix this?

CommanderAlex
Go to solution Solved by CommanderAlex,

UPDATE: 

I decided to boot into Safe Mode (Option 4) on advanced startup and tried to run Cinebench R15/R20/R23 to see if they opened and they actually did... so this lead me to believe it is caused by a driver or a background process (application). Rebooted into normal Windows 10 and tried running the program, with each succeeding failure to close another background application I have enabled at startup. 

I hit the nail on the head and the issue is with MSI Afterburner and RTSS. After end tasking both applications, the program opens up as normal on the computer. 

Hey guys, so I've been trying to run Cinebench R23 on my computer. I download the installer and extract the zip files to a new location on my hard drive. I open the folder and left click on "Cinebench" application and it starts to load, then it stops and nothing comes up, no UI or anything in Task Manager showing it in background. I've tried to uninstall this multiple times, cleared CMOS thinking maybe this would do something after upgrading my CPU a couple months ago. I have Cinebench R15 and Cinebench R20 installed and they work perfectly fine. I've tried uninstalling those two as well, and it still does not open, even uninstallnig and installing again. Anyone have any ideas what is going on? 

My specs are as listed below:

CPU: i9-10980XE

RAM: 64GB DDR4-3600 CL18 (had 3200 CL16 and did not work with those memory modules themselves as well) 

GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

MOBO: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

SSD: Samsung 970 1TB

HDD: 2x WD Blue 1TB drives

PSU: EVGA P2 850W. 

All drivers are currently up to date with NVIDIA drivers on 457.51 

Now I did have an issue with Nvidia Control Panel under Manage 3D settings for programs where the control panel would close after searching for programs installed on my PC. Turns out it was Heaven Benchmark causing this issue and I uninstalled that as well, which made the control panel work as intended without any issues. I even DDUed my drivers probably 5 times for this. 

I do have Cinebench R23 on my laptop (MSI GS66 Stealth) and that works perfect and opens up and can run it, but not my desktop. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Bump.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

UPDATE: 

I decided to boot into Safe Mode (Option 4) on advanced startup and tried to run Cinebench R15/R20/R23 to see if they opened and they actually did... so this lead me to believe it is caused by a driver or a background process (application). Rebooted into normal Windows 10 and tried running the program, with each succeeding failure to close another background application I have enabled at startup. 

I hit the nail on the head and the issue is with MSI Afterburner and RTSS. After end tasking both applications, the program opens up as normal on the computer. 

• 2 years later...
On 12/12/2020 at 7:42 AM, CommanderAlex said:

UPDATE: 

Unfortunately this didn't work for me :(

2 hours ago, Raizz said:

Unfortunately this didn't work for me 😞

Man this is an old thread...I don't even have these system specifications anymore. 

Check other background applications to see if they are interfering with the startup of the program.