3080 Keeps tripping only when watching YouTube videos

Buyaca

Playing games is absolutely fine, but when I watch a youtube videos it seems to be consistently tripping and resetting, cutting off the display and the video, then resuming 3 seconds later.

Kind of what happens when you're watching YouTube in the middle of a driver installation.

What is going on here?

Yes, I have done all the obvious fixes like checking the connections and installing latest drivers.

11 minutes ago, Buyaca said:

Playing games is absolutely fine, but when I watch a youtube videos it seems to be consistently tripping and resetting, cutting off the display and the video, then resuming 3 seconds later.

I've been noticing this too (not with a 3080, I wish I had any modern card) both on my Chromebook and on my tower.

It seems to be keyed to specific videos, where it will just play for 3 seconds, then reload, then play for 3 seconds, then reload, etc.

It's been happening since early September for me.

elephants

9 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

I've been noticing this too (not with a 3080, I wish I had any modern card) both on my Chromebook and on my tower.

It seems to be keyed to specific videos, where it will just play for 3 seconds, then reload, then play for 3 seconds, then reload, etc.

It's been happening since early September for me.

I think your situation is different, for me my entire screen goes black and then comes back with the video player resetted. Indicating something f'd up in the gpu section.

Just now, Buyaca said:

I think your situation is different, for me my entire screen goes black and then comes back with the video player resetted. Indicating something f'd up in the gpu section.

Huh.

Is your card loose?

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Huh.

Is your card loose?

As I said orginally i tried all the obvious things, i just reseated it so we'll see how it goes, but yeah not hopeful 😒

Just now, Buyaca said:

As I said orginally i tried all the obvious things, i just reseated it so we'll see how it goes, but yeah not hopeful 😒

Reinstalling your web browser?

elephants

Yeah maybe the videoplayer has issues with the card, not really the card itself? I don't know man but I'll go all night tryna fix this thing before i return it.

Don't return the card yet before checking your Ram. I was having problems with my 3090 at first, same exact thing. I'd be fine gaming but as soon as I started watching a youtube video at the same time the game I'd be playing would crash, occasional bluescreens, etc.

Turns out that my System Memory was getting overheated by the 3090 and becoming just unstable enough that youtube alone couldn't be run at the same time as a game. I have excellent airflow in my case, graphic card usually sits in the high 60's or low 70's under load and fans are completely silent. From what I can tell It's not the air temps in my case, but the heat being transferred through the motherboard itself across to the Ram. I've since adjusted my ram to tighter timings, lower clocks and lower voltage, and everything is 100% stable now. 

Set your memory in Bios to default/auto and see if your problem is still happening. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

6 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Don't return the card yet before checking your Ram. I was having problems with my 3090 at first, same exact thing. I'd be fine gaming but as soon as I started watching a youtube video at the same time the game I'd be playing would crash, occasional bluescreens, etc.

Turns out that my Ram was getting overheated by the 3090 and becoming just unstable enough that youtube alone couldn't be run at the same time as a game. I have excellent airflow in my case, graphic card usually sits in the high 60's or low 70's under load and fans are completely silent. From what I can tell It's not the air temps in my case, but the heat being transferred through the motherboard itself across to the Ram. I've since adjusted my ram to tighter timings, lower clocks and lower voltage, and everything is 100% stable now. 

I hear ya man, but I'm talking about nothing else running but just 3 chorme tabs playing a video, no games in the background, no other apps, just chrome.

It's happened consistenly like that over 5 times now once every 2 hrs or so. 

First time it green screened, and restarted, now it just pauses into blackness , then returns.

Highly unlikely anything is overheating in my case.

1 minute ago, Buyaca said:

I hear ya man, but I'm talking about nothing else running but just 3 chorme tabs playing a video, no games in the background, no other apps, just chrome.

It's happened consistenly like that over 5 times now once every 2 hrs or so.

Highly unlikely anything is overheating in my case.

It wouldn't hurt to try setting your Ram to default anyway and see if that's the problem. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I think it could be a issue with chrome video player, I'll try and see if other browsers have the same issue.

Sucks really, because games all work great stability, great temps, great frames , but it tripped up on stupid youtube videos.