Lian Li o11 Dynamic XL vs Lancool 2 Mesh

RidleyScotch

I'm looking to upgrade my pc case and i'm really stuck between the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL and the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Currently i have my build in the the Corsair 275R right now. I'm looking to get into a bigger case because i realize know that i probably went too small in 2018 when i built my PC.

In terms of why i'm between these two cases

• A) I want a  case with ample cable management and functionality so thermals and such
  • B) I want a white colored case lol

The 011 XL is the only 011 that will fit my Noctua NHU12 with the chromax cover i believe and even them i'm skeptical. The measurements check out to be within 5mm of clearance and  GPU is a 3080 FE so i'm good size wise there.

I'm really just worried about cable management to be honest. I have white sleeved cable extensions which i'm realizing now take up massive amounts of space but when i built my PC i didnt feel confident or understand how to buy custom PSU cables

Thoughts one way or the other on these two cases?

Just now, RidleyScotch said:

The answer is always 011 dyanmic, thing is massive

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Haha yeah even looking at the dimensions it doesn't appear as large when i looked at the crazy Corsair 5000D or whatever (the one you can do 6 fans in the front) and the Asus Helios those make all the caes i have or interested it in tiny af

I guess i could be interested in the ECLIPSE P500A DRGB but i havent done as much research into that one as the two lian lis but we'll see

1 minute ago, RidleyScotch said:

Haha yeah even looking at the dimensions it doesn't appear as large when i looked at the crazy Corsair 5000D or whatever (the one you can do 6 fans in the front) and the Asus Helios those make all the caes i have or interested it in tiny af

I guess i could be interested in the ECLIPSE P500A DRGB but i havent done as much research into that one as the two lian lis but we'll see

Always trust ze germans

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Always trust ze germans

except when it comes to water cooling...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Hi RidleyScotch.

I am no expert here but just to voice out my opinion,

If you going for Airflow instead of CLC or Custom water cooling, go for the Mesh II.

If you want to go the water cooling route then go for O11D XL.

When doing airflow, you will need good fans which run on low rpms to give enough airflow or to balance out the heat in a big case. So for me.. yes  O11D or the XL version is big but not great for air cooling, plus if you are not using Uni Fans on this case and does not do custom crimp on daisy chain cables.. it will be a mess if you do not do cable management properly, as O11D or the XL version is pretty expose from the front and side. especially the bottom section where your fans are seated. do note that uni fan SL120 are good for static pressure but not good for airflow. I have tested it. 

For Mesh II, it's I feel is a decent upgrade and this case is pack with features. I would rather go for the Mesh II. then to an O11D or even the XL, unless doing custom water looping. many will argue to have those ML fans or such. but do note, they draw lots of ampere and the argb also takes up lots of argb ampere. (taxing to your PSU) which may cause unstable issues on new generation GPU, unless you are using beefy PSU that are 850 Gold Plus and above.

btw for space, why not consider the O11D Mini, it's a good case where it's the footprint is of it's bigger brother. it's also spacious and does not tax too much of your fan as it takes lesser effort to push air in and out. 

As reference to what I have tested on a mid tower case. might not be a lancool II mesh nor O11D or O11DXL but the concept is the same. if you can keep your case temperature cool, automatically your temperature will be good for your PC components. 

I will be migrating my current setup to the OL11 Mini. which I strongly believe it performs better than my Lan-Li Lancool II case. 

The option is yours. just bear in mind. balance airflow will give you better temperature results and dont just go blindly to get a case just for aesthetic. 

Personally I like the LanCool II Mesh. :)

612974935_OldandNewCases.jpg.dfaa674a28c5662d7e5e5b31179becf2.jpg

811917414_firstrun.jpg.0a1175289650708aa5bd54e50350b447.jpg

This is the first round of my cable management. The included covers help. 

Sorry I don't have a picture of them installed. 

942321873_FirstroundofCableManagementinback.jpg.03c61ce7ee6b17261fcd5858c6e1bee8.jpg

589534885_Upgradebuildreadyturnon.jpg.e7f6a91fc8f6c8c41785fc951c71aedc.jpg

71638350_NewWorkstation.thumb.jpg.a364efdcf4b74a32e392cc15a5ed85c5.jpg

Assembled for first time.jpg

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS

5 hours ago, Jason 57 said:

612974935_OldandNewCases.jpg.dfaa674a28c5662d7e5e5b31179becf2.jpg

nice case and good choice too. You will need to do regular cleaning though..

11 hours ago, Kleo Yan said:

nice case and good choice too. You will need to do regular cleaning though..

Oh you are not kidding there. Almost every time I sit down, I wipe off the front!!

Of course, 4 hoomans and 8 cats, there is some dust in the air. LOL

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

On 12/8/2020 at 9:29 AM, Kleo Yan said:

btw for space, why not consider the O11D Mini, it's a good case where it's the footprint is of it's bigger brother. it's also spacious and does not tax too much of your fan as it takes lesser effort to push air in and out. 

I appricate the info packaged posted, the aircooling i'm not super worried about i already have a bunch of solid bequiet fans in my pc now and the only reason i wasnt interested in the O11 Mini was because it takes only an SFX Power supply and i was just trying to keep the number of additional components needed to a minimum, i only wanted to buy a new case, not a new PSU. Other than that limiting factor the o11 Mini does seem like a viable small but capable case for a lot of builds

I feel like i can bounce between either case, sometimes i'll feel convinced on the Mesh II, sometimes the o11

It does seem like the O11 might be going  big to a point where its unnecessary for me

23 hours ago, Jason 57 said:

This is the first round of my cable management. The included covers help. 

Sorry I don't have a picture of them installed. 

No worries i saw the case in Microcenter with the included covers and it certainly helps

How do you feel about the cable management space by the PSU? Might issue with the 275R is that due to the harddrive cage not being moveable its super super tight between the space where the PSU plugs get plugged in, thats really why i want a new case, is to help solve that problem since the Mesh II certainly has enough cable tie down points and all that jazz

And it appears to have more space behind the motherboard tray and behind the side-panel (which i wish was a measurement included on case manufacturers spec sheets lol) compared to my 275R

32 minutes ago, RidleyScotch said:

I appricate the info packaged posted, the aircooling i'm not super worried about i already have a bunch of solid bequiet fans in my pc now and the only reason i wasnt interested in the O11 Mini was because it takes only an SFX Power supply and i was just trying to keep the number of additional components needed to a minimum, i only wanted to buy a new case, not a new PSU. Other than that limiting factor the o11 Mini does seem like a viable small but capable case for a lot of builds

I feel like i can bounce between either case, sometimes i'll feel convinced on the Mesh II, sometimes the o11

It does seem like the O11 might be going  big to a point where its unnecessary for me

I see, then should go for the mesh II is really a solid case with good airflow, I wish I could have the front bezel which is only offered at USA and not in my country, else I will be keeping the Lan-Li Lancool II case. 

29 minutes ago, RidleyScotch said:

No worries i saw the case in Microcenter with the included covers and it certainly helps

How do you feel about the cable management space by the PSU? Might issue with the 275R is that due to the harddrive cage not being moveable its super super tight between the space where the PSU plugs get plugged in, thats really why i want a new case, is to help solve that problem since the Mesh II certainly has enough cable tie down points and all that jazz

And it appears to have more space behind the motherboard tray and behind the side-panel (which i wish was a measurement included on case manufacturers spec sheets lol) compared to my 275R

hmm, for cable management on the Lancool II Mesh. the structure is the same as the original, this might give you a better capture.. though these are old videos, I hope I wont get booted out.. just wanted to help. By the way currently I have the AIO hose facing downwards not up and as mentioned, mentioned these are just an old video. 

showing you the space of the interior. 

and this case is super modular no joke. am not sure if you do install radiator but you wont have a problem to fit any kinds of card which is 330mm in length.

you can even remove the HDD cage totally just to give more space for cable management. if you do not use HDD at all

last but not least, the clearance of GPU placement. 

40 minutes ago, RidleyScotch said:

Having the movable HDD cage is one of the reasons that it sealed it for me. (I waited 2 months to get the LanCool 2 Mesh.)

I needed something that could hold all of the drives I have, great airflow, a PSU Shroud and good cable management area. 

If I had a front radiator, and had to keep the HDD cage further back, I am not sure how happy I would be about that.

moving the cage definitely gives more room for plugging and unplugging cables. AND having the flip down sides helps being able to use 2 hands when dealing with those cables, instead of just bending your 1 hand in there. 

Now don't let those covers fool you, you have to be able to get everything compressed in the cable area, otherwise the glass door won't stay shut!!

Since it is only held by a magnet. 

I did just purchase a LanCool 215 for my son. Hopefully this will fix his black screen issues when I tried to close up his MSI Skeria 500X case. 

Yeah it's pretty but it doesn't breathe at ALL. 

4 minutes ago, Jason 57 said:

Having the movable HDD cage is one of the reasons that it sealed it for me. (I waited 2 months to get the LanCool 2 Mesh.)

I needed something that could hold all of the drives I have, great airflow, a PSU Shroud and good cable management area. 

If I had a front radiator, and had to keep the HDD cage further back, I am not sure how happy I would be about that.

moving the cage definitely gives more room for plugging and unplugging cables. AND having the flip down sides helps being able to use 2 hands when dealing with those cables, instead of just bending your 1 hand in there. 

Now don't let those covers fool you, you have to be able to get everything compressed in the cable area, otherwise the glass door won't stay shut!!

Since it is only held by a magnet. 

I did just purchase a LanCool 215 for my son. Hopefully this will fix his black screen issues when I tried to close up his MSI Skeria 500X case. 

Yeah it's pretty but it doesn't breathe at ALL. 

Infact 215 is a better case.. it's light as compared to the Lancool II structure. plus it has a super clean look and best airflow as compare to both cases mentioned here lol. 

wise choice Jason57 :)

21 minutes ago, Kleo Yan said:

Infact 215 is a better case.. it's light as compared to the Lancool II structure. plus it has a super clean look and best airflow as compare to both cases mentioned here lol. 

wise choice Jason57 :)

Thanks. 

Yeah the LanCool 2 Mesh is mine and I love it for years to come!! 

Oh and if you want to install that USB Type-C port in the case, HAVE FUN!!!

It took me almost an hour to do it. 

My son could use something that is lighter!!! It will make it easier to transport back and forth to his college.