No connection on my 2nd router. Pls help i really need this fixed

ChrisElitz
Go to solution Solved by Falcon1986,
41 minutes ago, ChrisElitz said:

sorry late reply i just woke up

Before you dismiss solutions because you think they won’t work, try to reconsider. The troubleshooting process is a lot of trial and error. Obviously, we’re not asking you to perform tasks that will cost you lots of money, but please respect the process.

My deductions from this long and confusing thread is that you either have a cable issue or your computer is not changing IP configuration when you switch routers.

So please try a new ethernet cable to start. I know you said that other computers that use the same cable work fine, but cables can have small imperfections that only cause malfunction when certain physical stresses are placed on them. Additionally, Windows itself reported that there was a cable problem and the ethernet adapter lights have an odd light output.

Secondly, run ipconfig /all from the command prompt while connected to each ISP device separately on the computer with the problem. Post the output here, but please sanitize the information for your own privacy.

Next, check your network adapter IP settings to ensure that everything is set to automatic and you don’t have any static IP information there.

Finally, please disable any optimization features from the Killer Control Centre if you don’t necessary need it.

If nothing works, I’d recommend a new ethernet adapter. Older Killer ethernet adapters are just problematic in my experience. Get something from Intel instead.

Need help asap, I have 2 internet service providers, 1 is Converge and the other is Prodata.
When i connect my PC via LAN on Converge there is no connection but for my sister's PC it has connection(LAN as well).
But when i connect to Prodata modem via LAN it works which means there is no problem with my PC/drivers and the port of my board.
But there is a problem between the connection of my PC and Converge.
pls help tyia
PS:all drivers are updated

11 minutes ago, ChrisElitz said:

LAN on Converge there is no connection

What?

2 internet service providers,

Why?

And yet you list no OS, no specs, no networking troubleshooting steps you've taken

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

14 minutes ago, ChrisElitz said:
Need help asap, I have 2 internet service providers, 1 is Converge and the other is Prodata.
When i connect my PC via LAN on Converge there is no connection but for my sister's PC it has connection(LAN as well).
But when i connect to Prodata modem via LAN it works which means there is no problem with my PC/drivers and the port of my board.
But there is a problem between the connection of my PC and Converge.
pls help tyia

We're gonna need a lot more information to help here, so please gather the following:

• What is the exact make and model of modem being used for BOTH providers?
  • If you have any other networking gear, such as a router or switch, please list those too.

It would be helpful to understand how the networking devices are connected, so please provide a drawing of this too, if possible. You can use MS Paint if you have to, as long as we can understand how the outside internet connects to your modems, and then how your modems connect to the router/switch/PCs.

Also, please don't double post, as this fills the sidebar with duplicate content, and results in multiple users suggesting the same things across multiple threads instead of working together on a single thread.
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1277943-no-connection-on-my-2nd-router-pls-help-i-really-need-this-fixed/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

13 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

What?

Why?

And yet you list no OS, no specs, no networking troubleshooting steps you've taken

Sorry about that

So when i connect my pc to "converge" (ISP) via LAN, ethernet port there is no connection.

We have 2 ISPs because me and my sister have online classes, and if in case the Converge is down we have a backup wifi, so we can continue our online classes.

My pc

Windows 10 pro 20h2

ASRock Fatal1ty b85 killer

60gb ssd

1tb hdd

I tried  reinstalling LAN drivers and the flush dns somebody recommended.

But did not work.

Again sorry for the lack of information

The long white cable connected to Prodata is the Ethernet cable of my PC so if i need to switch network i will just simply move the Cable to the other router

IMG_20201207_074246.jpg

Just now, ChrisElitz said:

Sorry about that

So when i connect my pc to "converge" (ISP) via LAN, ethernet port there is no connection.

We have 2 ISPs because me and my sister have online classes, and if in case the Converge is down we have a backup wifi, so we can continue our online classes.

My pc

Windows 10 pro 20h2

ASRock Fatal1ty b85 killer

60gb ssd

1tb hdd

I tried  reinstalling LAN drivers and the flush dns somebody recommended.

But did not work.

Again sorry for the lack of information

Are you using DHCP or Static IP?

When you say "no connection" are you certain the port on the Converge router works? Have you tried a different port?

It's possible (and I have seen this before) that the ISP-provided router locks itself to the MAC-address of the 1st PC that connects to it, and refuses all other connections.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The long white cable connect to Prodata is the Ethernet cable of my PC so if i need to switch network i will just simply move the Cable to the other router

IMG_20201207_074246.jpg

What happens if you go wireless instead?

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

What happens if you go wireless instead?

Yes there is connection in my phone but in my PC, in still trying to find my wifi adaptor, I forgot where it was place, might need some time to find that

1 minute ago, ChrisElitz said:

Yes there is connection in my phone

Will your phone connect to either router? This is only an issue on your PC, correct?

On 12/7/2020 at 1:45 AM, Radium_Angel said:

Are you using DHCP or Static IP?

When you say "no connection" are you certain the port on the Converge router works? Have you tried a different port?

It's possible (and I have seen this before) that the ISP-provided router locks itself to the MAC-address of the 1st PC that connects to it, and refuses all other connections.

yes the port is working, because the PC of my little sister can connect to it. (via Ethernet cable)

I tried using the port that she used but still no network.
It sometimes gets detected for a second or two. Then it disconnect again then it never connects again.

you might think that the problem is the port of my pc but why can i connect normally at Prodata and no connection on Converge

On 12/7/2020 at 2:01 AM, Radium_Angel said:

Will your phone connect to either router? This is only an issue on your PC, correct?

yes only on my PC all other devices including laptops is working. I tried using dad`s laptop yesterday and connecting the cable my pc is using to his laptop and it works but mine doesnt

I have classes this morning, I wanted to use the converge one because the converge is 25mbps and prodata is only 2mbps (since it`s only a backup)

2 minutes ago, ChrisElitz said:

I have classes this morning, I wanted to use the converge one because the converge is 25mbps and prodata is only 2mbps (since it`s only a backup)

I would check to see if it is QoS in the router settings

so what steps should i take? If this problem will annoy me already i`ll start to reinstall windows (fersh install)

12 minutes ago, ChrisElitz said:

so what steps should i take? If this problem will annoy me already i`ll start to reinstall windows (fersh install)

Are the routers pushing out DHCP or are they Static IP?

What if you change the port you use on the router?

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Are the routers pushing out DHCP or are they Static IP?

What if you change the port you use on the router?

how to know if DCHP OR static ip?
and if i change ports nothing changes

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

can i do it on my dad`s laptop? im on classes right now i can`t get disconnected, thanks

I also saw in the CMD that DCHP is enabled (on my dad`s laptop connected wirelessly

can i do it on my dad`s laptop? im on classes right now i can`t get disconnected, thanks

No, wait til class is over, we need to know the settings of your system

4 minutes ago, ChrisElitz said:

break is near, what should i do when it`s break time already? ty

Have you checked the routers  QoS settings or some setting that may cut you off if you use too much data?

20 hours ago, ChrisElitz said:

break time`s over, i`ll check it at 3;30 pm sorry i got classes

You didn't quote me, so I missed this.

I need to know your network settings.

Are you running a Static IP or Dynamic?

I posted a link on how to check this stuff up above in another post.

sorry for not being able to reply, i`ve been trying to find help from facebook pc groups.
but I got the wireless connection working, but the LAN still not yet.