RTX 3080 is underperforming and microstutters in games

Chris Redfield
25 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

If your CPU and GPU drop usage during the stutters, it's possible it's waiting on asset loading, which would point to hard drive.

It will happen more in open world games that constantly have to load assets.

This is why the new SSD and direct storage technologies are so highly touted in the consoles.

Are chances that my HDD is problem high?

I would buy SSD 250 GB KINGSTON A2000 M.2/NVMe,but I want to be at least 90% certain that my current HDD is causing this problem.

I played Ghostrunner for few minutes and I saw that framerate drops from almost constant 60FPS  to 57-59FPS.

I didn't used Ray Tracing and DLSS didn't have any performance impact weather is turned On or Off.

I tried to lower graphics settings from Ultra to High and framerate drops were still present.

1 hour ago, Chris Redfield said:

Are chances that my HDD is problem high?

I would buy SSD 250 GB KINGSTON A2000 M.2/NVMe,but I want to be at least 90% certain that my current HDD is causing this problem.

I played Ghostrunner for few minutes and I saw that framerate drops from almost constant 60FPS  to 57-59FPS.

I didn't used Ray Tracing and DLSS didn't have any performance impact weather is turned On or Off.

I tried to lower graphics settings from Ultra to High and framerate drops were still present.

No way to know for sure. Usually this is all trial and error. Try dropping texture detail to lowest setting, see if that affects anything.

I'm not familiar with that game at all, so I can't really give any ideas.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 hours ago, Chris Redfield said:

Actually,it's WD Blue with 7200 RPM.

Would that make any difference?

Not really. it's just that 5400 RPM just makes it even worse. Ultimately, both 5400 and 7200 RPM HDD's are light years away from speeds of almost any half decent SSD.

6 hours ago, Chris Redfield said:

Actually,it's WD Blue with 7200 RPM.

Would that make any difference?

Not really. it's just that 5400 RPM just makes it even worse. Ultimately, both 5400 and 7200 RPM HDD's are light years away from speeds of almost any half decent SSD.

Are you by chance using an Xbox One controller via Bluetooth? This is known to cause all sorts of weird slowdowns for some reason. I've experienced it myself with AC:OD, and it went away with using keyboard or via wired USB controller.

I also noticed it in MK11 and a couple other games.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

7 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Are you by chance using an Xbox One controller via Bluetooth? This is known to cause all sorts of weird slowdowns for some reason. I've experienced it myself with AC:OD, and it went away with using keyboard or via wired USB controller.

I also noticed it in MK11 and a couple other games.

I'm using PS4 controller via USB cable.

I ordered this SSD 256 GB ADATA SX8200 ASX8200PNP-256GT-C, PCIe NVMe, M.2, 2280.

I will install Windows and some games,hopefully that will solve problem with stuttering.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. I have completely reinstalled my Windows and resetted my bios.

Sys:

3080 Gaming x Trio

Core I5 8600k

2400 MHz 2x8 in Dual Channel

Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming  

Be Quiet 700 Watt Pure Power 10

I know that there is a massive Bottleneck which lowers my GPU around 17 percent only with the Cpu, but as I calculated my PC performs 150 Percent worse in games than it should. I get around 70 Frames in most Games on low settings. With my 2070 Super which I used before I got around 140 - 180 Fps on 1080p.

I really dont know what to do :(