I'm building my first PC need help

Aquatics
Go to solution Solved by Gazereths,

OK remove all front panel connecttions and short the power switch connections with a screwdriver or simnilar (touch the power switch pins on the motherboard at the same time with a metal obeject)  see if the PC turns on.

Where does front panel connector go from nzxt h510 case? I connected another cable that came from my motherboard to the p -, p+, pswitch, hdd connectors but there's a 4+2 pin cable and I don't know where to plug that into my Asus tuf gaming b460m plus wifi motherboard please help 

16072252437346091561340403916529.jpg

PXL_20201206_032802302.NIGHT.jpg

Not quite understanding on what's going on, if I'm being honest

The motherboard came with a front panel block connector and it has split ends for you to plug in individual connectors from the case, or I'm misunderstanding something

The female end(side with holes) goes into the motherboard and the male end(pins) is for you to connect your case front panel io, it's an extension to help make every small connector into a single block connector to make connecting things easier

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Where is this cable coming from? Are you sure its the case?

Looks like it's an adapter cable for front panel.

Is this what you have? If so connect them together.

t2V0e35.thumb.jpeg.fe483a3ae27deda153a05b09e1023d17.jpeg

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

Yeah I plugged it in but now only my motherboards LEDs are turning on, my ram isnt lighting up and all of the fans that I installed (cpu, gpu, case fans) aren't running or on, not sure what to do

7 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

Looks like it's an adapter cable for front panel.

Is this what you have? If so connect them together.

t2V0e35.thumb.jpeg.fe483a3ae27deda153a05b09e1023d17.jpeg

Yeah I plugged it in but now only my motherboards LEDs are turning on, my ram isnt lighting up and all of the fans that I installed (cpu, gpu, case fans) aren't running or on, not sure what to do

12 minutes ago, BenGill said:

Where is this cable coming from? Are you sure its the case?

There is a "f panel" connecter from the case and another one that came from the motherboard, I figured out where to plug I in but now only my motherboards LEDs are turning on, my ram isnt lighting up and all of the fans that I installed (cpu, gpu, case fans) aren't running or on, not sure what to do

Take a picture of where your fans are connected. Try reseating the RAM? Has it posted?

OK remove all front panel connecttions and short the power switch connections with a screwdriver or simnilar (touch the power switch pins on the motherboard at the same time with a metal obeject)  see if the PC turns on.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

12 minutes ago, BenGill said:

Take a picture of where your fans are connected. Try reseating the RAM? Has it posted?

The ram is seated and one fan is connected to motherboard and the other is connected to a hub in the back which is connected by SATA 

16072282557713666050068944890040.jpg

16072282820708748397041089256528.jpg

You have an m.2 drive, which has probably disabled a SATA port, try the other ones.

15 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

Thank you that worked!

3 minutes ago, Aquatics said:

Thank you that worked!

No worries. OK now it's obvious that you front panel connections were connected wrong. They can be tricky, try again and see if you can get it working.

27 minutes ago, BenGill said:

and has it posted?

It was my front panel connectors, I have yet to try to post

5 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

I have to say it.

The Intel stock cooler?

Yeah lol, I couldn't get anything better within my budget, the cable colours are terrible 😂

23 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

No worries. OK now it's obvious that you front panel connections were connected wrong. They can be tricky, try again and see if you can get it working.

Thank you will try it 

Check your motherboard/case manuals - it will tell you the pin layout so you know what connectors should go with which pins, including which is positive and negative. 

Basically, as long as the power and reset buttons are connected - the rest are purely cosmetic (although hard drive and power lights can be useful).  Most motherboards don't have an internal speaker anymore so you probably don't need to bother getting that connected.  

You can find the manual for your board here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1200/TUF_GAMING_B460M-PLUS_WI-FI/E16681_TUF_GAMING_B460M-PLUS_Wi-Fi_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

image.thumb.png.6a72834ce48f4ed4033f083d70a597d7.png

Edited by Keys_Miller
Added screen shot and PDF link

You may need to orient you connectors differently to how they are aligned from the cable.  I needed to do that with my board as the layout of the pins on the board were different to how they were arranged from the front panel cable.  According to your case manual, if you have a standard intel layout then you don't need to use cable with the connectors on the end (2nd picture on the right isn't need in this case)

cables.png.c52fc180891b0a6faf5e6aa464208291.png