Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Network Connection Help!

Hi guys,

I am so beyond frustrated because I have found no answers on the internet. I am running windows 10 on my custom built PC (shoutout to the people here who talked me out of getting a 3950x lol) and cannot connect to a specific network. My apartment complex has provided complementary wifi to all tenants temporarily until building upgrades are done and we can each pay for our own internet access. They have provided a free network that I have had no trouble connecting to on both my phone (Galaxy S9) and my laptop (Asus ROG Strix laptop, windows 10). Both of these devices have no trouble seeing and connecting to the network. My desktop does not connect to it. It will not even show it. To confirm my wifi is working, I created a hotspot with my phone and my desktop had no issues discovering and connecting to that network. Any help is appreciated!

What I have tried:

• Reinstalling the wireless driver
  • Turning wifi on and off again
  • Restarting my computer
  • Temporarily disabling antivirus
  • Turning on network discovery manually
  • Manually starting the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator service (The regular RPC Service is running automatically).

My wireless card is built-in to my motherboard. I have the ROG Crosshair Hero VIII Wifi board and I have attempted to reinstall the driver downloaded from their website (Confirmed that it was the correct wireless driver).

I am really lost and will take any suggestions. Let me know if you need any other information!

17 minutes ago, afrodude985 said:

It will not even show it.

Are you certain the mobo's wifi is compatible with the wireless router? (IOW, the wifi chip on the mobo only sees 2.4 Ghz spectrum and the router is broadcasting on the 5 Ghz band)

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

As far as I can tell online, yes. The motherboard is capable of seeing both 2.4ghz and 5 ghz networks.