PC not turning on, Fans Wiggling or Slow when PSU turned on

Go to solution Solved by BristolBrick,

Solved myself. For you in 2032 with the same error:

Suspected the power supply, Brought another PC alongside, with a working PSU, and ran the cables from it to the faulty PC, which happily turned on with the new PSU. Shame, I had a good PSU until it broke, but at least I know where the problem is.

PC wouldn't boot up before, so I switched out the CPU and motherboard from an older PC whose PSU was fried. (Accidentally set it to 120V while connected to 240V power) No other known faults with the mobo-doner PC.

The main PC has no lights coming on, no anything, except that it has 4 fans. 2 start, one doesn't, and one wiggles back and forth. I have tried shorting the power-button input on the DH61BE Intel motherboard (old, LGA1155 I think, for a 2nd Gen i7, though at the moment it has a 2nd gen i5 that I'll replace with the i7 if I can get the computer to work) but this did nothing. The CPU fan does nothing.

The PC (before I replaced the motherboard) had randomly turned itself off/refused to boot, for no apparent reason, intermittently. The failures were getting more frequent though, so I thought it was a mobo issue.

The only thing it does is move the fans when the PSUs are switched on. (Tried again, three fans were wiggling, CPU stationary) No GPU installed, I'm running it on intel graphics until I get it working.

Solved myself. For you in 2032 with the same error:

Suspected the power supply, Brought another PC alongside, with a working PSU, and ran the cables from it to the faulty PC, which happily turned on with the new PSU. Shame, I had a good PSU until it broke, but at least I know where the problem is.