New quiet fans for my system (CPU, case)

Sum_R4ndom_Dude

Hi. I have a PC from last year that I'm making some upgrades on. The system is a bit loud for my taste, so I thought I'd put some new fans In. Here's a video of my rig: http://youtu.be/vl56aMn-qs0 

I found out some time ago that my PC actually has negative pressure (taking the GPU into consideration) so intake it will be. The case fans i currently have installed are practically silent.

And the CPU fan is too loud, the loudest fan in the system, with the second place being the GPU. It's the Cooler Master iDream 117i i think. I may swap it out with either a NH-D14 (if It'll fit in a Cooler Master 350 case) or a NH-C12P SE14 (I like the fact that i can also cool the surrounding area a bit).

If any help, the specs of my rig is in my signature. 

My rig: i5 3570k 3.4 GHz, XFX Radeon HD 7950, 8GB 1600MHz Kingston RAM, ASUS P8B75-M, Cooler Master K350, 500GB WD, 550w XFX PSU.

Peripherals: ASUS full HD VE228DE, Razer Taipan, Logitech K200 keyboard (not the best, lol), Wireless PS3 stereo headset (very nice sound).

the NHD14 is a great cooler and all but if you do not like the look phanteks makes a one just like the NH D14 it may not be on the same tier of quality but it may perform the same and it looks better it comes in many different color. Here take a look

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

i'm getting 3 of these for my birthday

http://www.alternate.nl/Enermax/T-B-Silence-koeler/html/product/1025484?tk=7&lk=9347

they are 140mm 

max 10 DB

47,9 cfm ( 81.37 m/h)

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I have that exact case and the best fan setup for it is one on the bottom and front as intake and one in the back as exhaust i would recommend fractals silent series fans in all the places.

and if you can live without the dvd drive remove it and the put a 140mm fan in there it fits perfectly and if I remember correctly it wedges in there really nicely.and the nhd-14 won't fit not even the hyper 212 evo so my recommendation there would be water cooler or tx3 evo

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

Still, i do not know if a NH-D14 is overkill, as i have an Intel i5 3570k non-overclocked. I may mildly overclock in the future though, but not crazy, just as a max of 3.8 - 4GHz i think. 

My rig: i5 3570k 3.4 GHz, XFX Radeon HD 7950, 8GB 1600MHz Kingston RAM, ASUS P8B75-M, Cooler Master K350, 500GB WD, 550w XFX PSU.

Peripherals: ASUS full HD VE228DE, Razer Taipan, Logitech K200 keyboard (not the best, lol), Wireless PS3 stereo headset (very nice sound).

Don't bother getting a very high-end cooler since you won't be able to overclock with the B75 Chipset motherboard you have. Unless you plan on upgrading to a Z77 motherboard a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO with some nice, silent fans on it will be perfect. 

As for fan choice: Noctua's are amazing but are ugly. Fractal makes some nice, silent fans. The Enermax TB Silence mentioned by wtfxmitchell also look good. Also the Cougar Vortex's are pretty good.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Don't bother getting a very high-end cooler since you won't be able to overclock with the B75 Chipset motherboard you have. Unless you plan on upgrading to a Z77 motherboard a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO with some nice, silent fans on it will be perfect. 

As for fan choice: Noctua's are amazing but are ugly. Fractal makes some nice, silent fans. The Enermax TB Silence mentioned by wtfxmitchell also look good. Also the Cougar Vortex's are pretty good.

Well, because i won't be looking inside my computer all the time, i might go with Noctua. Though it would be nice if they also looked good... Are those other fans as good as Nuctua's?

Well, because i won't be looking inside my computer all the time, i might go with Noctua. Though it would be nice if they also looked good... Are those other fans as good as Nuctua's?

I'm not sure but just look at the spec pages and compare RPM, CFM and noise as well as price.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

The main difference between noctua & be quiet is that noctua is easier to install and the BQ just looks better and is a tiny bit quieter.

Go with a NH-u14s or be quiet dark rock advanced C1. Dual tower heatsinks are a waste for 3570K's especially with 4.4GHz

Thanks for all the answers guys, this really helped me out. Now i have a much better idea of what to go for :)

Thanks for all the answers guys, this really helped me out. Now i have a much better idea of what to go for :)

Silent wings 2 are only a few euro's more expensive, theyre just amazing as case fans.

@Sum_R4ndom_Dude

For your cable mess, you could try putting the buldge of it above your HDD, to clear some room for a bottom fan.

That rear 80 mm Arctic F8 is cute. :D

As for the new bottom fan I'd recommend a bequiet silent wing, or a noctua if you like.

^Faa described the difference pretty acuratley.

For your  CPU cooler, you're limited to 148,5 mm, which is not much. As ^^shouldervalley said, not even a 212 Evo will fit. I'd recommend something like a bequiet shadow rock topflow, which is 137 mm high. I am sure noctua has some similar products, just get one which stays below 148.5 mm height.

who cares...

@Sum_R4ndom_Dude

For your cable mess, you could try putting the buldge of it above your HDD, to clear some room for a bottom fan.

That rear 80 mm Arctic F8 is cute. :D

As for the new bottom fan I'd recommend a bequiet silent wing, or a noctua if you like.

^Faa described the difference pretty acuratley.

For your  CPU cooler, you're limited to 148,5 mm, which is not much. As ^^shouldervalley said, not even a 212 Evo will fit. I'd recommend something like a bequiet shadow rock topflow, which is 137 mm high. I am sure noctua has some similar products, just get one which stays below 148.5 mm height.

Thanks, that was really useful information! I think this CPU cooler will fit: https://www.komplett.dk/noctua-nh-c12p-se14-cpu-kler/581326#!tab:extra (NH-C12P SE14). As for the case fan, i think i'll go with an NF-S12A https://www.komplett.dk/noctua-nf-s12a-pwm-120mm-blser/779026#!tab:extra

What's your budget pro? I could recommend some stuff. Unless you have your mind made up?

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

noctuas nf-f12??

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS