Passing audio from program/speakers to mic

bit
Go to solution Solved by Minicoop,

I know I had alot of little small things that I couldnt really correct that involved VB Cable when I tried getting things set up for streaming and what not but VoiceMeter Banana might be able to give you a bit more control over what comes and goes from where.

Problem: I have to do a presentation but there's no audio sharing options for it in the tool used, so I'd figure I'd install VB Cable, listen to speakers and use it as a mic. But this won't work for some reason. I'm currently using a logitech headset and using either the USB DAC or just straight 3.5mm combo jack won't work on my laptop. If I disconnect those and just use straight speakers on the laptop it works. but I'd rather it not playing outloud for 30-50 minutes since that gives me no control over personal volume (headset has a volume slider on it that doesn't affect windows volume).

I don't know what's wrong and why VB Cable won't use the headset speaker and passthrough properly. Any ideas? Or about how to go about this simply? I really don't want a bunch of steps and spending an hour configuring something. Basically what I want to do is have the prerecorded video playing and audio from that being passed to my mic.

Are you also using the VB cable with something like VoiceMeter Banana?

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

Just now, Minicoop said:

Are you also using the VB cable with something like VoiceMeter Banana?

No just VB Cable itself. I have the VB Cable in Recording set to listen and playback through Speakers PRO (which is headset) and it doesn't work. But switching it to use Speakers Realtekblahblah and unplugging/disabling headset works fine. This route picks up the audio and passes through flawlessly but like I said, it leaves me with no personal volume control.

I might actually just have to install voicemeter banana then i guess? use the virtual channel as the channel from the media player and pass that through to a mic I guess?

I know I had alot of little small things that I couldnt really correct that involved VB Cable when I tried getting things set up for streaming and what not but VoiceMeter Banana might be able to give you a bit more control over what comes and goes from where.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

12 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

Aight, I just tried again and the same way that worked didn't work this time so I'll give voicemeter a try and hop on my desktop and see if i can finagle things better there.