Stuttering in games. Low hardware usage and good temps

Will R

Hello All,

I have a recurring issue where I have stuttering in games every few seconds, or if I am panning quickly or even if I am moving very close to textures. I play COD:WarZone mostly and the stutter is small but noticeable to the point where nothing really feels smooth. Frame rate stays constant around 135 even when this happens. The odd part is the stutter appears to look like skipped frames, but sometimes when panning it appears like very low fps. But all of these times the frame counter is above 125. I ran a VRAM test, all comes back as okay. The GPU temp is around 44, and at absolute max it will get to 46. CPU is between 55-60 with the highest spikes at 64 when loading a game. With G-SYNC off, the frames get to 165-175 but the motion is not smooth at all. With G-Sync enabled, it caps it at 144 and it is butter smooth except the occasional jitter/stutter every 10 or so seconds. If i get into a team battle, that's when the stutter gets the worst.

When I first installed my RAM (Corsair Vengence RGB Pro - 32gig (4x8) - 3200 - CL16) I would get crashes at default XMP profile. I kept XMP on, but lowered to speed to 3066 and I no longer have any crashes what so ever. I have no idea what in the world is going on. Since everything is running cool, no crashes and seems fine I do not understand where this stutter is coming from. I have worked through the video drivers, updated BIOS, fresh install of windows and a new hard drive (NvME). I removed and reseated the GPU, and did the same with the memory. No matter what setting I change in the game, resolution, quality, it still stutters. GPU usage is 98-99% and GPU usage is about 35-40 and then RAM usage is about 30%. I DO NOT GET IT. I beg anyone that has insight please let me know. I ordered a kit of G.Skill Ram - 3200 CL14 (4x8) 32gig in suspicion it is my ram causing the issue due to the previous speed issues, it is not on the QVL list of my MB and I have to guess that has some stability issue. 

RIG:

i9-9900k (set to 1.25 volts at 4.6ghz) - EK Velocity Water Block

EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti - EK Velocity Water Block

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon MotherBoard
Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 1TB

Corsair Vengence RGB PRO - 32GHz (4x8) 3200 CL 16

Corsair 850w GOLD Power Supply

Dell 27 Inch 144hz 1440p Monitor (connected with DisplayPort 1.4 cable)

GPU and CPU on EKWB custom loop with 2 360 radiators at 1800 lph flow rate

Try turn off all oc

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

9 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

Try turn off all oc

I appreciate the response! This stutter still happened with default CPU settings. Should I try running the ram at 2133 as the default as well?

1 hour ago, Will R said:

I appreciate the response! This stutter still happened with default CPU settings. Should I try running the ram at 2133 as the default as well?

Yes. Turn it off for diagnostics purposes. Test it with default settings. No xmp

Btw you are trying to run 4 sticks of ram. Mobos dont really like the full 4 sticks. That's why you had to lower the speed. You should have got a 2 x 16gb kit. It would work properly at the higher speeds.

39 minutes ago, Digideath said:

Yes. Turn it off for diagnostics purposes. Test it with default settings. No xmp

Btw you are trying to run 4 sticks of ram. Mobos dont really like the full 4 sticks. That's why you had to lower the speed. You should have got a 2 x 16gb kit. It would work properly at the higher speeds.

Thanks for the information! I will test it out at the lower speeds with no XMP and see how it runs. I only purchased 4 sticks of 8 because I read that helps you have more bandwidth seeing each channel can be accessed at the same time. I am not the expert to that degree at all, so I gave it a shot. I will run at defaults and then maybe try 2x8 on DIMM 2 and 4 and see if there is any difference there as well. Thanks again everyone!  

UPDATE: So after changing ram around, using 2 sticks, going back to 4, changing speed and timings, not much has changed. HOWEVER, I did fix the issue. I moved the PC to another desk as I have a power conditioner in the wall at another outlet, and poof the issue is gone. It is not what you think though, it has nothing to do with power. The only other thing that changed is I went to a wired mouse at that desk. So I moved that mouse and computer back to my normal desk and it stopped the stutter. I use a GPro Wireless mouse and the dongle is right next to the mouse pad. So I replaced the usb 2.0 extension and poof, all is acting perfectly fine for 3 days now. Wild to think I started down this rabbit hole and the entire time it was my mouse......