Is it worth upgrading my PC speakers?

Sabarok

I'm currently using the Logitech Z313 (2.1). I've had them for about 12 years or so, and I've been happy with them. I also used to use really cheap speakers in the 90s that I thought were "just fine" and when I bought a Logitech 4.1 system, that's when I realized what the difference is. I don't know what I don't know, so I have no idea if I'm missing out on a better experience.

My usage: Almost entirely (offline) gaming. Headphones aren't an option (I know there are a lot of fantastic headphone options that would likely get me better audio, I don't want to wear them). I'm not looking for surround or anything that's going to take up a lot of space. I don't need loud volume. I tend to be on the low end of volume, so being able to stay crisp and clear at low levels is important. I do like that the Z313 has a separate volume control that I can put in an easier to reach spot than my speakers.

Budget: I haven't set one. I don't think my use case calls for mid to high end equipment. I think as the price goes beyond $200-300 CAD, it enters a realm of quality/performance higher than I would have a use for.

These would be used in an MSI motherboard whose audio specs say Realtek ALC1200 Codec.

It's been over a decade since I bought these, and I have no idea what advances have been made since then and if my Z313 are worth replacing with something newer.

On a similar topic, I've been upgrading my living room setup and I have a new TV on the way (Sony X900H). This one would be used for console gaming (the PS5 when it becomes available to buy), but also streaming TV & movies (such as Netflix). Given that I would still be on the lower-side of the volume level, would I gain much by looking into a soundbar? My living room setup doesn't really have a spot to place a subwoofer on the ground, so it would be only the bar.

And if anyone is wondering why I went from 4.1 to 2.1, I didn't have good placement for the rear speakers (and it was annoying dealing with all the extra wires), so when a cat chewed through my subwoofer wire requiring a replacement, I went for a set that needed less space.