My friend and I really need some help with a ram installation

Specs:

MB: Asus Z370-H Gaming

Cpu: Intel I7-8700K

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 1x16gb or HyperX Fury RGB 2666mhz 2x8gb

PSU: Corsair 550W

GPU: Asus Geforce gtx 1060 6GB

The problem:

My friend and I tried installing new ram for his computer, so that he could get 2 sticks instead of one. We changed from the Corsair to the HyperX Ram. As soon as we changed the ram (in the correct slots according to the manual) the orange/yellow DRAM LED became lit when turning on, and the computer doesn't post.

We have tried a lot of things...

• Using different ram sticks (both the old and the new ones, both the new alone and the new together.)
  • Removed the CMOS Battery for 5 minutes, then holding power button for 15 seconds and reinserting the cmos afterwards. 
  • Short-circuited the CLRTC (with battery out)
  • Tried different ram slots

We have no idea what to try next... And I've scouted the internet the last 3 hours to find a fix..

Does anyone have an idea?...

128702070_1524474007763644_2618408741433467068_o.jpg

Interesting. An issue like this isn't all that common.

So putting the old stick back in alone still doesn't let the system POST? For one make sure both ends of the stick are firmly seated. After that you can try unplugging everything that isn't absolutely necessary for POST.

1. One stick of RAM
  2. Remove the GPU, use the iGPU
  3. Remove all storage drives
  4. unplug all peripherals but a keyboard

See if the behavior changes. 

10 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Interesting. An issue like this isn't all that common.

So putting the old stick back in alone still doesn't let the system POST? For one make sure both ends of the stick are firmly seated. After that you can try unplugging everything that isn't absolutely necessary for POST.

1. One stick of RAM
  2. Remove the GPU, use the iGPU
  3. Remove all storage drives
  4. unplug all peripherals but a keyboard

See if the behavior changes. 

We've already tried without the GPU, also one stick of ram (both the old and new). We've also tried reinstalling the cpu and only put in keyboard... Still a beautiful yellow led...

3 minutes ago, NoName.exe said:

We've already tried without the GPU, also one stick of ram (both the old and new). We've also tried reinstalling the cpu and only put in keyboard... Still a beautiful yellow led...

You've done just about everything you can do then outside of testing parts using another CPU/motherboard. Last ditch idea would be to try a different PSU but it isn't likely to help. Make sure you tried resetting CMOS with the new sticks installed. In case it's some weird XMP issue.

Did anything at all strange or unplanned occur between shutting the computer off and turning it on with the new sticks?

Just now, Windows7ge said:

You've done just about everything you can do then outside of testing parts using another CPU/motherboard. Last ditch idea would be to try a different PSU but it isn't likely to help. Make sure you tried resetting CMOS with the new sticks installed. In case it's some weird XMP issue.

Did anything at all strange or unplanned occur between shutting the computer off and turning it on with the new sticks?

I mean, it quickly rebooted after turning it on with the new sticks. But if I'm correct that would be normal.

1 minute ago, NoName.exe said:

I mean, it quickly rebooted after turning it on with the new sticks. But if I'm correct that would be normal.

That behavior is typically normal yes.

My very last idea. Did you make sure you disconnected power before resetting CMOS? I've seen instances where wall power kept CMOS settings persistent even after removing the battery.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

That behavior is typically normal yes.

My very last idea. Did you make sure you disconnected power before resetting CMOS? I've seen instances where wall power kept CMOS settings persistent even after removing the battery.

The cable wasn't plugged in, and the power supply was turned off.... 

3 minutes ago, NoName.exe said:

The cable wasn't plugged in, and the power supply was turned off.... 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Then I'm out of ideas without other hardware to test with. If I had to pick a part though my money would be on an issue with the motherboard. CPU's are usually quite robust unless you put too much power through them.

24 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Then I'm out of ideas without other hardware to test with. If I had to pick a part though my money would be on an issue with the motherboard. CPU's are usually quite robust unless you put too much power through them.

Well try to test it somehow, thanks for the help :)