PSU recommendation

Talves
Go to solution Solved by boggy77,
8 minutes ago, Talves said:

I'm building my pc with 5900x and , when there's stock,  a 3080(aiming for Asus TUF OC), i was leaning on 850w power supply but a friend of mine warned me about 3080 spikes and that it should be best to play safe and get with 1000w.

that's BS. people wanted to run these things on low quality 650W power supplies and had spiking issues, so people started recommending 750W psus. then people heard about the spiking issues but without knowing wattage, so they started recommending +100W on whatever the original intent was, and so on until it's now got to 1000-1200w.

you can run two of those cards on a 1000w psu.

a good 750W psu is enough for your system.

Hello everyone,

Hope you are well!

I'm building my pc with 5900x and , when there's stock,  a 3080(aiming for Asus TUF OC), i was leaning on 850w power supply but a friend of mine warned me about 3080 spikes and that it should be best to play safe and get with 1000w.

To my luck it seems power supply is following almost all pc parts with no stock issue but i did find HX1000(Plat) for 214.90 euros, Phanteks Revolt X 1200w(Plat) for 249,9 and AX850(Titan) for 229,90.

I don't know much about the quality of power supplies, so i don't know if any of these are worth or not, anyone could please help?

Other suggestions would also be appreciated, even tho i might not get lucky with stock :)

Thank you very much.

AX850 or Corsair HX1000 plat. Both are VERY good.

AX probably a bit better.

8 minutes ago, Talves said:

that's BS. people wanted to run these things on low quality 650W power supplies and had spiking issues, so people started recommending 750W psus. then people heard about the spiking issues but without knowing wattage, so they started recommending +100W on whatever the original intent was, and so on until it's now got to 1000-1200w.

you can run two of those cards on a 1000w psu.

a good 750W psu is enough for your system.

Well ... the higher the wattage on Corair RMx or Hx or something like that - the higher the (semi-)passive cooling range.

Or not?

I edit my posts more often than not

I'd recommend Bitfenix Whisper M 850W. Bought one a few days ago. OCCT PSU stress test had 0 errors after 1h benchmark. It has gold colour on PSU tier list and it's in the A tier. I have 5900x as well but my GPU is RX 570 4GB.