help picking a PSU

Californication

Hey,  Im going to buy a new pc and im having a hard time deciding between 650 to 750W

I'm buying it in a bundle that comes with Define R4 + FSP Raider 80+ 

The specs are : 

i7 4770K

Noctua NH-D14

Asus Maximus VI Gene

R9 290 TRI-X

4x2 Crucial Balistix Sport DDR3 CL9 1600Mhz

120GB SDD 

1TB HDD

will the 650W be enough or should i take the 750W?

650 will be enough but 750 wouldn't hurt

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

Are you planning to Crossfire in the future?

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

650W is enough

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Are you planning to Crossfire in the future?

no crossfire, but maybe adding a sound card later

no crossfire, but maybe adding a sound card later

Sound cards are a waste of buck..

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Sound cards are a waste of buck..

why do you say that? 

theres a large diffrence between on board audio to a soundcard like  asus xonar phoebus.

and also, will my specs fit in a 350D? or should i just keep it with define R4

why do you say that? 

theres a large diffrence between on board audio to a soundcard like  asus xonar phoebus.

Im not really a fan of sounds in-game or movie. Its fine with just the on-board audio and you'll save some.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Im not really a fan of sounds in-game or movie. Its fine with just the on-board audio and you'll save some.

and what do you say about the case? 

will it fit in a 350D or should i stick with the R4?

why do you say that? 

Just see how you like the onboard sound of your Gene. It will all fit into the 350D and 500W would be enough to power this system.

Edit: i can recommend the Seasonic G-series 550W. But The corsair RM series looks pretty good aswell. There are tons of options.

who cares...

and what do you say about the case? 

will it fit in a 350D or should i stick with the R4?

It'll perfectly fit into 350D but i dont know about the R4, you can try.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

why do you say that? 

no there really isnt sound cards are a gimmick!!

Just see how you like the onboard sound of your Gene. It will all fit into the 350D and 500W would be enough to power this system.

Edit: i can recommend the Seasonic G-series 550W. But The corsair RM series looks pretty good aswell. There are tons of options.

are you sure that 500W will be enough? 

and the CPU cooler is pretty large you sure it will fit in a 350D?

So you say that soundcards are a waste because you don't like sounds?

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

are you sure that 500W will be enough? 

and the CPU cooler is pretty large you sure it will fit in a 350D?

Yes. 500W is enough, but more isn't bad. Just get a good quality one, like seasonic or corsair PSUs.

Hm right the cooler. If it will fit, it will fit very snug. :D The supportet CPU cooler height in the 350D is 160 mm. The height of the D14 is 160 mm. :P idk tbh

who cares...

Yes. 500W is enough, but more isn't bad. Just get a good quality one, like seasonic or corsair PSUs.

Hm right the cooler. If it will fit, it will fit very snug. :D The supportet CPU cooler height in the 350D is 160 mm. The height of the D14 is 160 mm. :P idk tbh

The Corsair RM550 is 160$ where i live (israel) and the FSP raider 750 is cheaper.and the 550 G series is 120$

The Corsair RM550 is 160$ where i live (israel) and the FSP raider 750 is cheaper.and the 550 G series is 120$

I dont really trust FSP..

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

I dont really trust FSP..

How is Corsair TX or Seasonic S12G? 

The S12G is very cheap and i can get a 650W of it

How is Corsair TX or Seasonic S12G? 

The S12G is very cheap and i can get a 650W of it

Both would be good options.

who cares...

why do you say that? 

All a Sound Card is good for is eliminating some of the interference issues that MIGHT occur with an On Board solution. Most On Board solutions Nowadays are usually fine, meaning there's probably no noticeable interference when listening to music or playing games. If you have a set of high impedance headphones it may be worth getting a cheaper sound card that supports higher impedance headphones. Picking up a Xonar DX for example would be a nice cheap solution. Dolby Headphone software is also really nice for positional audio.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You could get away with a 500W really. Have a look at this guys, OC3D ran tests with a 4670k and a GTX 780ti and just managed to pull 432W from the wall. http://overclock3d.net/articles/power_supply/how_many_watts_do_you_actually_need/1

However if you do decide to go for a 500W PSU make sure you don't get one with a noisy fan as a lower wattage PSU will be more stressed under gaming/benchmarking. Also always get a quality brand PSU like seasonic, corsair, silverpower or enermax for example.