Keep getting prompted for chkdsk on start up despite having run chkdsk

Scruffy90

How do I stop getting prompted to chkdsk on start up? It keeps prompting chkdsk on start up for my c drive, but I already completed a chkdsk on it a day or two ago and any errors or issue were corrected. How do I prevent these pop ups from appearing every time I boot my machine?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

3 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

it happens because the drive gets dirty tag due to unexpected shutdown when you are doing some kind of writes on the disk, you need to run full 5 stage scan to get rid of it but that might tae some time and is not really recommended for SSDs

I did that which is why i'm confused. I did command prompt before boot, unmounted c, and ran 

chkdsk c: /f /r

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

9 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

How do I prevent these pop ups from appearing every time I boot my machine?

Drive might be failing, hence prompting the message

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Drive might be failing, hence prompting the message

shouldn't SMART inform me of this though?

1 minute ago, Scruffy90 said:

shouldn't SMART inform me of this though?

If it's bad enought to trigger SMART. I've seen drives that will issue a chkdsk command, without SMART failing...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

If it's bad enought to trigger SMART. I've seen drives that will issue a chkdsk command, without SMART failing...

Would there be any alternative to try and verify this?

1 minute ago, Scruffy90 said:

Would there be any alternative to try and verify this?

use the drive's manufacturer';s tools to check.

22 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

use the drive's manufacturer';s tools to check.

So the drive in question is a Samsung 960 EVO m.2, but Samsung Magician doesn't support running diagnostics on it. 
image.thumb.png.0b9e0f5bb8b58eb60c6a1ad080884a82.png

However, when I check the Over Provisioning section, it reports as "volume may be corrupted..." which is strange considering I ran the chkdsk as I mentioned in a previous comment on this thread. At this point i'm at a complete loss other than wiping the drive entirely.image.thumb.png.afac9cea6fbecfb3cfa35ed4afdb129f.png

49 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

So the drive in question is a Samsung 960 EVO m.2, but Samsung Magician doesn't support running diagnostics on it. 

That's really bizarre....

This program will do a detailed sector analysis, and will tell you if there is anything wrong with it, but the UI is confusing and you need to pick your options *very carefully* because the program will also happily erase your drive too....

https://www.diskgenius.com/