Driver Issue or Defective Card?

powerm

I finally got my 6800xt that I ordered from the AMD website on Launch Day and since installing it and installing the drivers I've been having really strange artifacting on the windows desktop and I'm unable to load games without immediately crashing out of them. I tried uninstalling the drivers using DDU in Safe Mode and reinstalling but to no avail. I'm running an R7 3800x, 16GB RAM and a 650w Be Quiet PSU. The photo is just one example of these artifacts on the windows start menu. Is there anything else I can try or will I just have to RMA the card?

card issues.jpg

Looks like defective VRAM.  RMA it.

You can see if HWinfo reports PCIE and video card voltages from the PSU also.  The PCIE power plugs should be no lower than 11.75v, and ideally, 12.0v-12.3v is ideal.

22 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Looks like defective VRAM.  RMA it.

You can see if HWinfo reports PCIE and video card voltages from the PSU also.  The PCIE power plugs should be no lower than 11.75v, and ideally, 12.0v-12.3v is ideal.

I wasn't able to see those in HWInfo. I just filled in the AMD RMA form a couple hrs ago and am just waiting for them to get back to me. Here's to hoping that they actually have a replacement one.