FSP Aurum PT1200 or Corsair HX1200

otocu

Hi guys,

There are not many options for + 1000w psu in my country and there are these two products that are affordable. There's no HXi, AXi series or so expensive... If i say a 1 dollar as my 1 currency. AXi series around 4000$ dolar, but PT1200 and Corsiar HX1200 around 1200$ so i cant afford AXi series...

Here's specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
CPU-C: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
MOBO: Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM
SSD Sata: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB
SSD NVME: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 256 GB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING OC
CASE: Cooler Master MasterCase H500P

The system will generally be used for programs such as solidworks, c3d & extra.. Ofc we will play some games and broadcasting. In the following years, SLI option can be used in the system or maybe upgrade 3090 Ti / Super series later.

Why even go so far? Like just get a good 750w psu that is more than plenty. If you are upgrading to a 3090 then just get a good 850w unit. Also fyi sli is dead dead nvidia killed it officially.

Also make sure you get the h500p and that it is mesh often the h500 series cases get mislabelled in stores as I've seen happen.

Also why the masterliquid? It's an air cooling focused case and a much cheaper sytche fuma 2 cooler is as good if not even a bit better than the masterliquid. That and a 5800x really does not need much cooling.

Also get a cheaper board. You aren't using any of it's extra features and something half the price or less or even a decent b550 board will have no impact on what you are trying to do.

However with all these savings I recommend you can get a 5900x easily and that would be A MASSIVE improvement for the work this rig will do. All the things I recommended to save money on will have no impact on your performance but the money you save with not getting the expensive parts and just getting the just as good cheaper ones gets you a massively better cpu for your tasks

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Why even go so far? Like just get a good 750w psu that is more than plenty. If you are upgrading to a 3090 then just get a good 850w unit. Also fyi sli is dead dead nvidia killed it officially.

Also make sure you get the h500p and that it is mesh often the h500 series cases get mislabelled in stores as I've seen happen.

Also why the masterliquid? It's an air cooling focused case and a much cheaper sytche fuma 2 cooler is as good if not even a bit better than the masterliquid. That and a 5800x really does not need much cooling.

Also get a cheaper board. You aren't using any of it's extra features and something half the price or less or even a decent b550 board will have no impact on what you are trying to do.

However with all these savings I recommend you can get a 5900x easily and that would be A MASSIVE improvement for the work this rig will do. All the things I recommended to save money on will have no impact on your performance but the money you save with not getting the expensive parts and just getting the just as good cheaper ones gets you a massively better cpu for your tasks

I bought other parts at discounts. The 3900X is unfortunately not available here. Also the scythe fuma 2 is not available in my country. I think i save around 500$ with discounts. There's an option H500P mesh/plastic panel. I will use mesh one. The parts were collected in 2-3 months and followed the discounts also followed the exchange rates/foreing currency. I probably overclock 5800X if cabable 4.7Ghz or around, that's why i bought liquid... Only psu left and the reason I think +1000 watts is because I don't want to pay for new PSU when I upgrade in the future. Because the currency changes a lot. The economy is not good at all. Making money is not easy. This system is actually an investment for me.

I will buy it once and i will use this system for a very long time, maybe 10-11 years and i just make small changes. As i said before maybe SLI or Upgrade other series maybe just upgrade CPU etc. etc.

Sorry for my bad england
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 minute ago, otocu said:

I bought other parts at discounts. The 3900X is unfortunately not available here. Also the scythe fuma 2 is not available in my country. I think i save around 500$ with discounts. There's an option H500P mesh/plastic panel. I will use mesh one. The parts were collected in 2-3 months and followed the discounts also followed the exchange rates/foreing currency. I probably overclock 5800X if cabable 4.7Ghz or around, that's why i bought liquid... Only psu left and the reason I think +1000 watts is because I don't want to pay for new PSU when I upgrade in the future. Because the currency changes a lot. The economy is not good at all. Making money is not easy. This system is actually an investment for me.

I will buy it once and i will use this system for a very long time, maybe 10-11 years and i just make small changes. As i said before maybe SLI or Upgrade other series maybe just upgrade CPU etc. etc.

Sorry for my bad england
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well still even the 3090 runs fine on a 850w and spending so much money on a psu (1200$ for a axi one) is silly. Just get a 850w A tier unti from the psu tier list and call it a day

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Well still even the 3090 runs fine on a 850w and spending so much money on a psu (1200$ for a axi one) is silly. Just get a 850w A tier unti from the psu tier list and call it a day

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Here's full list 850W psu's in my country (8 different online shopping stores (2 local and largest stores in the country) + amazon

Corsair AX850 - 2900$
Asus ROG-STRIX-850G - 1800$
Zalman ZM850-EBT 850 - 1730$
Corsair Enthusiast TX850M - 1338$
Corsair RM850 - 1350$
Micronics Performance II - 1100$
Everest M0800A2-YY 80 Plus 850 - 1030$

and that's all we dont have another one 😅

BTW
Corsair HX1200 - 2060$
FSP Aurum Premium PT1200 - 2070$

2 minutes ago, otocu said:

Here's full list 850W psu's in my country (8 different online shopping stores (2 local and largest stores in the country) + amazon

Corsair AX850 - 2900$
Asus ROG-STRIX-850G - 1800$
Zalman ZM850-EBT 850 - 1730$
Corsair Enthusiast TX850M - 1338$
Corsair RM850 - 1350$
Micronics Performance II - 1100$
Everest M0800A2-YY 80 Plus 850 - 1030$

and that's all we dont have another one 😅

Geez might as well get the hx1200 IF and only IF it's the GOOD one. Got a link for it? Also what brand is that pt1200 by?

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Geez might as well get the hx1200 IF and only IF it's the GOOD one. Got a link for it? Also what brand is that pt1200 by?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FSP_Group

They're old companys i remember in 2000's they were selling a lot.