Choosing a monitor

Lance36

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I've started a new build and because of my favorite game I'm second guessing my monitor choice. I'll go into what I've been playing on, what I'm upgrading to, and games I play.

My current set up isn't great, I play on a Asus G751JT laptop, it has a Haswell I7, 970m 4gb, 32gb of G.skill ram and a samsung evo SSD connected to a acer VG240Y. This info isn't really that important

My new rig (which I'm still buying parts for) will be AMD Zen 3 5600x (when in stock I'll buy) RTX 3080 (when in stock I'll buy), Asus Tuf 570 pro wifi MOBO (have), 32 gb of G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16CL (have), WD Black SN850 (have). If this isn't enough info for what my rigs performance will be like then I'll add more info. 

Games I play. The game I play the most and is my favorite is Rust. So I would like my choice to be built around this being the main game I play. Other games in no particular order are Apex, Warzone, Starcraf 2,Diablos, HOTS, Bloodstained. I'm not moving from my GPU choice because I like to stream games like bloodstained to my Shield TV.

My budget is high to mid range. I want a monitor that's at least 27'' but a wide monitor would be nice,1440p would be a must but 4k would be nice, and last I want something that's at least 144hz but more wouldn't hurt. I guess my biggest concern is response time in Rust since it's a game that has lower FPS and I know some monitors response times can very depending on the FPS. This is where I need help. Thanks!

Thanks for your response I live in the United States, I'm looking to spend between 1k and 500 usd.

I was looking at the LG-27GN950 and 850 but I don't know how much of a performance hit if any with the 4k monitor. They both do 144hz and seem to have good response time even at lower fps. Any opinions will help.